Chapter 34: Challenge

Today was the day. The day of the challenge.

She was prepared, especially after the day she passed with Draco. They had spent the whole day together, talking, laughing and just spending time together.

Different kinds of clothing were sprawled on the bed beside her. She had to choose the one for what was coming.

They were dresses, suits, and armor. Everything she could ever want. She chose an elegant blue dress that fit her perfectly.

It's a deep blue dress with a flowing skirt and a plunging neckline. It has gold accents on the shoulders and waist. The gold accents on the shoulders were in the shape of flowers with chains hanging from them. While the gold accent on the waist was in the shape of a belt with a large buckle.

 While the gold accent on the waist was in the shape of a belt with a large buckle

She looked in the mirror while doing her hair and makeup.

-You look good.

Draco said as he hugged her from behind, kissing her on the cheek. She turned and hooked her hands on his neck.

-Thank you. I better look good if it's my last day.

He shook his head.

-Don't say that, you're powerful, remember? You'll kill him today. You're winning.

She gave him a soft kiss.

-I better go. I love you.

He kissed her back.

-Don't you dare die right there. And, I love you too.

She smiled and walked out of that room. Followed by some guards, she was taken to a big stadium, where people were cheering, and screaming. They cheered even more when she showed up with her big outfit.

Voldemort was in the middle, looking at her, smiling at her. They handed her a wand, even if she didn't need one, she accepted the offer and took it. She looked around for a familiar face and saw him standing by his parents, wearing a black suit.

Their eyes met, and she saw the horror behind those eyes, the feeling he hid so well yesterday and this morning.

She looked back at the man right in front of her. The one that didn't waste a minute to throw some killing curse at her. The green light flew directly at her, but she ducked at the last minute. It hit the wall behind her creating a black hole right through it.

He threw the first spell, it was now her turn. She walked a little closer to him, but he always seemed to be far away.

She willed her shadows to come but they wouldn't budge, they weren't there.

Instead, she chose a different curse than him. And this time, the spell hit perfectly its target. She wished it was a killing curse at the time, but it was okay. At least, she touched him.

Her vicious smile seemed like a victory against the growl of pain he made.

They were going slow, and she was willing to be faster, harder, and stronger. She wanted it to be the perfect duel, the one that everyone would remember.

That the Dark Lord's daughter finally won over him.

Their fight just turned feral after that.

His spells became more dangerous. And he would just send them over to her. He didn't care if he hit her, even if he didn't. He would just do it. He meant to get her weaker.

And she couldn't take it anymore, she was getting weaker by the minute, he was going to win. She might be powerful, but he was way older, way stronger.

Her thoughts wandered, but she didn't notice the curse that was coming straight at her, hitting her in the stomach, and paralyzing her to the ground.

She heard a scream coming from the audience, and she saw his eyes. They were widened with horror. She promised him, she promised him to be back. To be by his side, his wife. She promised to be there.

She had to get up, yet, she couldn't. She had to do something. She needed to. She couldn't let him win.

Her thoughts were different. He was going to win. He was going to kill her. His hand was already at her throat, lifting her in the air, choking her.

She was out of breath, she couldn't breathe. She was going to die.

Thankfully, he let her go. That paralyzing spell didn't wear off, so, she just fell to the floor, unable to move from her place.

She looked at him, while he was laughing at her. Everyone was laughing at her.

Her eyes darted toward him, he was screaming at her, begging her to get up. To stand, and fight. Some tears escaped her eyes, falling down her cheek, and finding their way to the floor. His eyes were also teary, they were holding him back from behind, so he wouldn't interfere in this fight.

A sharp pain erupted in her side, and she couldn't help but scream at the agony inside her. There was a bloodied knife in his hand. A knife, that was painful, he wanted her to have the most painful death.

He kept stabbing her, stabbing. He didn't stop, didn't want to stop. Blood was everywhere, her blood. She thought she could win. Guess she was wrong.

She looked over the crowd and saw Draco for one last time, he was on his knees now, crying, screaming. She kept looking at him.

Because he was the last thing she saw before black clouded her vision.

And at that moment, she knew that....

She lost.