Chapter 26: The Third Task

Today is the fearful day, the one they've all been waiting for. For some, It was the last day of the tournament, the day when the winner would be announced. They all had bets on who would have the big prize. The one who is currently waiting for them inside the labyrinth in front of them.

But for others, especially Amalia, it was the day she would see her biological father after so long. Even the thought of it made her stomach turn and twist with nerves. She's never been nervous, well, she has been, but not this much.

What would happen when he sees her? Will he attack? Kill her? Kill one of her friends?

That's what's unnerving her mostly.

Snape tried to comfort her by saying that they have plenty of eyes and ears in the maze, if anything suspicious happens, they would interfere, regardless of the tournament's rules.

Draco had helped her calm down by burrowing one of his favorite shirts, if anything bad happens, clutch to it and he'll appear in no time, he said.

Pansy has been as worried as Amalia, she tried to hide her worry but it was written across her face.

They all tried to comfort her and help her in any way they could. But Amalia already knew, they couldn't do much, it was against the tournament's rules. And those who break the rules are met by far worse consequences.

They were going inside the maze now. Since their team and Cedric had earned first place during the second task. They were to go first. Victor Krum would follow them soon after, then Fleur Delacour.

Dumbledore said that they would not meet any monsters in there, which was a relief until he stated that things were far more challenging. If they weren't very wary, they would lose their self in that maze.

A sound blasted. It was time.

With heavy steps, Amalia followed Harry inside the labyrinth.

With each passing minute, they were still going deep inside looking for their prize, their key to win this tournament.

The Triwizard Cup.

-So, how are you and Draco? Harry asked out of nowhere.

-We're engaged.

No point in hiding the big shining ring on her finger.

He stopped short and she bumped into him. He turned around shocked.

-Engaged?

-Ouch! Yeah, we are

-You're what? Fourteen?

-I know

-You are way too young for that stuff

-I know

-Stop saying I know and Answer me.

-We won't marry until graduation.

-Don't you think it's rushed? He continued walking

She followed him

-Yeah, I know it is. Everyone knows it is.

-Everyone? Who's everyone? Am I the only one who still doesn't know the news?

She counted every name on her fingers.

-There is Pansy, Mr.Malfoy, Mrs Marlfoy, Draco and I, Dad, and Dumbledore.

He stopped in his tracks again. She bumped into him again.

-How come they all know and not me?

She looked at him innocently.

-You didn't ask.

He glared at her and went on with his path.

He stayed silent the whole time until they heard a scream.

They both stilled.

-Was that...? He murmured

-Fleur? Yeah, I think

-What do you think got her?

-I don't know.

They didn't talk for a beat.

-Amalia?

-Yeah?

-Run

They started running toward the sound. Victor came out of some bushes and they hid behind some.

Something cracked.

Krum turned with his wand full of magic and glared at them with inhuman eyes. She could feel Harry's breathing shift. But he just walked away from them.

Amalia sighed. That was a Close call.

They went back to where the Durmstrang champion came from, only to find the Beauxbatons girl trapped in vines. Harry grabbed her wand and shot an emergency spell in the air. They both looked while Fleur was saved and out of the maze.

Everything around them started to change. The paths were changing.

-Run. Was Amalia's only warning before she sprinted in the path, soon followed by Harry.

They ran and ran then halted when it stopped.

-Look. Harry said

She obliged and found it.

They found it.

The cup, it lay there. Close to them. They were so close.

A spell passed by them. That was close too.

It came from Victor Krum and hit Cedric as they both dodged.

-Get down. Cedric ordered.

They obeyed while Cedric fought Victor and he fell unconscious.

Cedric tried to kill him but Harry had to get in the way. And they all started racing each other until they reached it again.

The cup was there, shining in a blue and soft light. The only thing lighting the darkness around them.

They all arrived after saving Cedric from some vicious vines trying to get to them.

-You guys saved me. Take it.

-No, Together.

They all touched the goblet at the same time.

All were transported at the same time.

To a.... cemetery?

Amalia frowned while Cedric and Harry were catching their breaths.

-This is wrong. We shouldn't be at the cemetery.

-Maybe it's a wrong spell. Cedric stated.

Harry looked around.

-I've seen this place. In a dream.

Then he was there. Wormtail was there holding her father in his hands.

-Cedric get to the cup! Harry screamed.

Her eyes widened, and she looked at him in fear. He sure looked frail and weak but she wouldn't underestimate him.

-Avada Kedavra.

The spell hit Cedric followed by Harry's scream over his scar.

This was a mess

And she didn't know what to do.