Chapter 29: Memories

She didn't want to do this.

"But it's your father! You have to stand by his side" A voice sounded inside her head.

It feels wrong.

"You have to trust him, he knows what he's doing"

It's so wrong. So wrong. So wrong

But she couldn't stop herself, no matter what she said, or what she thought. She always wanted to be there, to be by his side.

Those were her exact thoughts as she entered the enormous dining room in the Malfoy Manor.

Everyone turned. They all looked at her, gaped to be exact. They all feared her, and her power, she knew that. For a whole year, they've been calling her "The Shadow Queen".

She earned the nickname by all the deaths she caused, and all the torture, thanks to her shadows, the ones under her command.

She silently went toward her father, sitting on his throne, it's what he likes to call his chair at the deep end of the room, where she is headed right now. And stood beside him, looking at the crowd in front of her, eying her from head to toe. Her eyes fell on a guy, a boy with blond hair, almost white, he was staring at her too. That guy....

She dreamed of him, he was the boy of her dreams, the one she couldn't recognize, couldn't remember.

But that was him, she remembered that hair, she'd seen it somewhere.

She saw something flicker in his eyes.

Could it be possible that he knew her?

She masked the emotion on her face, but couldn't look away from him as she listened to what her father said.

-I heard from some of my most trustworthy spies that there has been a traitor between us.

The room gasped.

She, in fact already knew that Pettigrew always seemed to choose sides without giving full loyalty to one.

Her father had filled her in before the big entrance.

-A letter has arrived Dumbledore, one containing our plans, our schemes to win them, and kill them. Traitor! Come forward, if you yield now, I'll make sure that your punishment will be reduced.

None talked. No one came forward. Her face was still grave if none came. She'd have to do the part she hated most.

Two minutes passed, and no one confessed. They all looked at each other, frightened.

-Fine, since no one came. I, hereby call Peter Pettigrew to stand, confess now, or you'll die at my daughter's hands.

She looked at the scared man, biting his nails, trembling and almost falling as he strolled to the front. He glanced at her with pleading eyes, begging for mercy. She responded with dark icy eyes, gave him a cold smile only few could see, and walked alive.

-I'm begging, please, Dark Lord, I'm begging mercy.

-Then explain.

-I've....I've been threatened by him, by Dumbledore, he said that if I didn't bring that, he would kill me.

-You're smarter than that.

Her voice was as cold and promising death, just like her eyes.

She could swear that she saw him shiver from fear.

-Why won't you believe me?

-She said she doesn't believe you, explain, Pettigrew.

-You're taking time, precious time.