The End of the Affair 3x03

Start from the beginning

"These are all of his victims?" Elena asks shocked. The names are written in three columns and are about a hundred in number.

"Still handling it?" Damon asks. Elena seems shocked, she turns to Damon.

"What were you doing in the 1920s? Paving the way for women's liberation?" Elena asks him.

"I was around. Chicago's a big city. Stefan was a cocky ripper douche. But I could avoid him and still indulge in a few Daisy Buchanans of my own." Elena seems disgusted. Damon begins to leave and pulls me with him.

"Where are we going?" I ask him.

"His old stomping ground."

"I'm coming with you." Elena tells him.

"No. You stay here and whip up an actual plan. We'll come back when we find him." Damon tells her and we leave.

_____________________________________

Damon and I entered a bar which.

"Well, look what the wind blew in. Last I heard, you hated this place." Some woman behind the counter says when she sees us.

"Gloria. Damn! If I knew you were going to age like this, I would have stuck around." Damon tells her.

"I always did like you better. But I see your brother is still running in the wrong crowd." She says then she turns to me. "And you are?"

"Ana Gilbert. I was adopted, born a Blackthorn." I tell her.

"Always pleasure meeting a Blackthorn. James's daughter?" She asks and I nod. "I knew your grandmother, James's mother, Diana." She adds and I smile.

"You've seen Stefan?" Damon asks interrupting our conversation.

"With Klaus. Bad combo." Gloria comments.

"You know where they went?" I ask her.

"They'll be back here later tonight. They're out running a little errand for me."

"Gloria..." Damon starts. She pushes a glass of alcohol towards him across the counter. He touches her hand. "Don't be a tease. What kind of errand?" Damon asks. She removes her hand.

"I don't think so. You may be cute, but you're still a vampire. I can't tell you not even you honey." She says the last part to me.

___________________________________

Later Elena calls Damon and tells him that Stefan and Klaus were at his old apartment.

"Finally! I called you an hour ago!" Elena says complaining we didn't arrive sooner. He tosses her a bag."Make yourself presentable. I know where Stefan's going to be tonight." Damon tells her. He sits down.

"I told you that I was practically discovered by Klaus and you're worried about what I'm wearing?" Elena asks in disbelief.

"I had an hour to realize what a bad idea it was to leave you here alone, process it, and move on. Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, good. Get dressed. You're all road-trippy and gross."

"So you know where he's going to be?"

"Yes, with Klaus. So we'll distract Klaus and you deal with Stefan." I tell her.

"Okay. Thank you."Elena says.

"But you're going to have about five minutes tops before that hybrid freak rips my heart out. So please, tell me you can do this." Damon tells her.

"I can do this." Elena reassures him.

________________________________________

Damon goes inside to get Stefan while I wait outside and Elena is hiding. They come outside and Stefan suddenly flies at him at super speed and pushes him against a car. Stefan holds him by the collar.

"What is wrong with you?!" Stefan demands while I carefully make my way towards them.

"What is wrong with you? You kill Andie one day, you save my life the next. What are you good, bad? Pick one!" Damon says.

"Klaus almost saw Elena today. You have to get her out of Chicago."

"She's not going anywhere until she's got you checked into vampire rehab and on the mend." I tell him.

"Trust me. I've tried." Damon adds.

"She is the key to everything. Klaus can't know that she's alive." Stefan says.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him.

"She was supposed to die in the sacrifice and she didn't. Now Klaus can't create any new hybrids. His witch is seconds away from figuring that out. Tell Elena to go home and forget about me." Stefan explains. Damon pauses a few moments then looks to his left.

"Tell her yourself." Damon says and we leave Stefan and Elena alone.

I go with Damon as he joins Klaus at the bar.

"Last call. Drink 'em up!" Gloria calls out knowing there will be a fight because of Klaus and Damon, mostly Damon.

"I see they've opened the doors to the riff-raff now." Klaus comments and when he sees me he adds. "I don't mean you, of course, little siphoner."

"Oh, honey, I've been called worse." Damon says sarcastically.

"You don't give up, do you?"

"No he doesn't, he's stubborn like that." I tell Klaus.

"Give me my brother back...You'll never have to see me again." Damon says.

"Well, I am torn. You see, I promised Stefan I wouldn't let you die, but how many freebies did I really sign up for? And clearly you want to die, otherwise you wouldn't be here, so..." Klaus says.

"What can I say? I'm a thrill-seeker." Damon says trying to be funny. Klaus extends his hand and grabs his throat. Klaus lifts Damon off the floor by the throat with one arm."Oh, dear, what was that? I'm boozey, so you'll forgive me if I miss your heart the first few tries." Klaus says stabbing Damon in the stomach with a toothpick. Damon grunts in pain. I decide to let Klaus have his fun knowing he won't kill Damon. "Ohh! No, that's not it. Hmm." He stabs him again. Damon grunts in pain. "Ohh. Almost." Klaus comments. He angles the toothpick upwards towards his heart.

"You want a partner in crime? Forget Stefan. I'm so much more fun." Damon says. Klaus throws him backwards. Damon crashes on top of a table, breaking it, and lands on the ground on his back. Klaus walks over, rips a part of the chair off as a makeshift stake, and crouches over Damon.

"Ok, Klaus that's enough." I tell him not wanting him to go to far and actually kill Damon by accident.

"You won't be any fun after you're dead." Klaus says ignoring what I just said. With one hand he holds Damon down and with the other he raises the stake. I look at Gloria for help and she sets the stake alight with her powers. Klaus throws it away with a grunt.

"Really?" Klaus asks her.

"Not in my bar. You take it outside." Gloria tells him. Damon tries to sit up but Klaus pushes him back down and looks at him.

"You don't have to negotiate your brother's freedom. When I'm done with him, he won't want to go back." Klaus takes his hand off Damon and turns to me. "It was lovely seeing you little siphoner."

Damon and I leave and meet with Elena. The car ride back was silent except Damon asking Elena if she's okay and her stopping the conversation.