Aftershock

Mumbo's perspective

The guard unchained Grian's unconscious form from the table and threw his body towards us. The guard looked vaguely surprised at how easy he was to lift. He must not have realised that all avians have hollow bones. It really wasn't that obscure a fact with birds having them as well. 

The inherent magical quality of Grian feathers accounted for most of Grian's flying ability but the hollow bones lightened the load literally. 

Grian's unconscious body hit the ground with a thud the guard to my left shoved him towards us so he was lying near the wall. 

"Grian!" Scar shouted rushing forward.

Scar pulled Grian up so he was sitting upright on the wall. He tried to wake him up but he seemed to have hit his head when the guard shoved him down. He was already unconscious so I just hoped that he didn't have a concussion.

The closest guard's arm lunged forward latching onto Scars wrist pulling him upright and away from Grian unconscious form. He dragged him towards the table ignoring Scars yelp as he stood on his wounded leg.

"This one next" the guard stated gruffly, he almost sounded bored as if watching someone getting tortured was a normal mundane practice. He even yawned!

Scar yelped again as he was forced down onto the table being strapped down quickly. He looked terrified. I wanted to get up and yell at the guard or try and fight back or do something but I had no weapon no strength and no training. It would do nothing but make things worse.

I grimaced watching Scars body tremble as  the man moved the hot brand out of the flames again, getting ready to start. I couldn't do anything the two guards standing in front off us Maude it impossible to even get to him.

I moved over to Grian checking his pulse and breathing. I was relieved to see that they were both normal. That meant he would probably be fine. He had probably just fainted from the pain. I winced looking up towards scar. I wished I could do something to help him but...

I sighed going back to check on Grian.

Time skip Scars branding also change to Grian's POV

The inside of my head felt heavy and pounding not that I noticed that at the time. All I did notice was the red hot pain still emanating from my forehead, warring to claim the last of my attention.

My focus quickly shifted to Scars form by my side he was unconscious, with a brand on his forehead identical to my own.  I hugged his unconscious form to me.

"I'm so sorry" I whisper to him as he starts to wake up.

"It's not your fault G-man nothing you could have done" he responses groggily reaching up to touch his brand but stopping last minute as if realising it will do no good to touch it. The brand looks blackened and charred with red blistering skin peaking through.

Suddenly I noticed the abrupt lack of Mumbo sitting with us. I flung my head up and saw him being strapped down to the table. As the man prepared the poker. I jumped up lunging forwards, I had already failed Scar, I couldn't let them hurt Mumbo too.

"STOP"I shouted angrily as the two guards rushed forwards one grabbing onto each of my arms as I struggled to get to Mumbo.

"LEAVE HIM ALONE, ITS NOT HIS FAULT" I shouted tugging at my arms  trying to move forwards. The man merely ignored me beginning to position the hot brand over Mumbo's head. 

"NO STOP PLEASE IT'S MY FAULT BRAND ME AGAIN ANYTHING JUST LEAVE HIM ALONE" I shouted not even getting a reaction this time as the hooded man began the press down. Mumbo's scream tore across the room. I screamed angrily tears running down my face.