Nothing you can do

Scars perspective:

I woke eyes blinking round in confusion as sunlight flowed into the room. I turned over slightly pulling on the thin grey blanket that was laying over me, the worn threads slid over my skin worn from age. I reached out a hand and pulled myself upward letting out a gasp of pain as a hot blaze raced up my leg and with it the memories of yesterday. 

We had been moved to some kind of workshop for elytra, and Grian had cleaned up my leg wound even stitching it up again so it would heal properly.  I moved again trying to sit up so I would be able to examine the stitching. As my leg turned I let out a quick hiss as another flash of pain jarred across my leg. 

Suddenly alerted by my gasp Grian jumped awake reaching for a weapon that wasn't there at his side his near black eyes flashed dangerously scanning the room for threats predatory instincts showing. He paused as momentary confusion flashed across his eyes as he failed to recognise our surroundings, before he turned to me. His expression softened as he saw me trying to move around.

"Scarrrr" he wined loudly grinning as he did "I thought I said no moving around yet you have to let the stitches heeeeeaaaalllll" he complained loudly jumping over to my bed flapping his colourful wings slightly to boost himself through the air.

"I remember nothing of the sort" I jumped in giving him a goofy grin, Grian paused scrunching up his face as if deep in thought.

"Huh, well doctors orders you're now on bed rest no moving around" he announced attempting a stern voice but that just wasn't something that worked for Grian. 

"Buuuuutttttt Griaaaaannnnnnn" I wined loudly "I don't wanna stay in bed" I complained again putting on a childish pout. 

"Oh stop complaining now let me check the wound he reached over pulling away the blanket and slowly unwinding the piece of fabric it used to be green like my whole elvish robe but now it was stained a brownish maroon where my blood had seeped into it. 

" I'm going to tear of another strip to wrap round as this one's far too dirty now" he murmured tugging of the strip and reaching for one of the other hanging pieces of fabric. It slowly teared away with a loud rip. Then Grian wrapped it round carefully tucking in the end. 

"All done" he announced a grin plastered on his face he grabbed the bloody piece of cloth and threw it over into the corner of the room before sitting down on the bed next to me. 

"I'm gonna scare Mumbo awake" he whispered to me wearing his widest chaos gremlin smile.

"Can I help" I whispered back it may have been a little mean but the prank would lighten the mood and god new we needed that. 

"Uhhem I'm pretty sure I dubbed you on bedrest as the bestist healer ever" he put on a fake stern look even straightening an imaginary tie. 

"Griiiiaaaaaannnnnn" I complained loudly again, causing Mumbo to stir, waking up. 

"Now you've gone and woke him up scaaaarrrrrr" Grian completely back mocking my stretching out of his name. 

"What's happening here" Mumbo murmured in confusion still rubbing the sleep from his eyes. As his gaze flicked back between me and Grian.

"Grian was going to prank you" I blurt out immediately, the pesky bird in question looked at me miming shock.

"How could you even suggest such an audacious and completely unfounded idea I would never prank anyone, how could you suggest such a thing" he continued even throwing in a fake gasp just for the fun of it. As we all stared grinning at each over and burst out laughing.