Chapter 47

A.N. For some reason the previous chapter didn't send out notifications to a lot of people when it was posted, but hopefully you got it this time!
To be always up to date make sure you follow me here on Wattpad, and if you'd like you can also join the Telegram group chat, where it's easy to check in and see what's going on, get spoilers, see AI illustrations of the characters and chat with a bunch of fun queers.

Enjoy! ♥️⭐️♥️

The flight back to Los Angeles was way less eventful than the fly-out.

My moms and I had several chances to continue talking and making plans to keep a better line of communication from there on out.

They had also already gotten in touch with several of their contacts regarding their wish to keep my name off of the pages of their magazines and websites as much as possible.

When we were on the way to Sadie's place from the airport I could feel the tension building up in my stomach at the idea that the paparazzi had been waiting for her return. I knew that they had gone dry for several days with our trip and the first pictures of her return would probably sell for more than usual.

And probably pictures of her with her new flame would've gone for even more, despite my mothers' best attempts.

Monica took all possible precautions when driving us anywhere.

We wore boring loose hoodies and sunglasses, didn't walk close to each other, and went straight from the vehicle to private indoor spaces.

Her fans had lost their mind over the assumption that we were dating again.

While we were busy at the wedding more photos had resurfaced of the two of us from high school, and someone had collected all of the most recent paparazzi photos of Sadie from the days I had been there and counted how many consecutive days I had spent with the woman everybody knew to be my ex.

It wasn't too hard to do the math then.

Some were angry, either at me, or at Sadie, or some of them at both of us. They were angry about the end of the relationship with Ember. I assumed these people to be her fans, who had later joined Sadie's fandom and felt betrayed by my girlfriend.

It was wild and interesting in its own way to learn what kind of entitlement complete strangers felt toward Sadie.

I liked to think that the vast majority of people found our story sweet and loved for Sadie to be with someone who wasn't after her fame or money.

We had to find a whole new balance in our relationship when it came to interacting with each other in front of people.

Monica and James obviously knew that we were together, but then there were different tiers of Sadie's colleagues when it came to intimacy and trust.

For example, I knew that she was close enough to her hair and makeup team from having sat in her dressing room before while they worked on her.

I wondered how many hours those people had spent covering her tattoos and transforming her into completely different women for different roles she had played.

They had to have heard at least some of the gossip about me.

This wasn't to say that everyone must've known, but considering that they worked with Sadie I found it hard to believe that they wouldn't be bombarded with content regarding the woman.

There was no way they hadn't connected the dots and remembered how many times, for one reason or another, I had been in the same place as Sadie on her last week in L.A.