The Birthday 3x01

Start from the beginning

"Just because I tell you things doesn't mean you're allowed to know them!" Caroline tells Tyler when Elena is out of sight.

"Sorry. I've gotta run if I'm gonna change and pick up Sophie in time." Tyler says.

"Wait. You're bringing a date? Slutty Sophie is your date?"

"Jealous." I say under my breath so only Caroline can hear me with her super hearing and she gives me a death glare.

"Hey! It's been kinda slow in that department. And....I am horny all the time now!" Tyler says and Caroline returns her attention to him.

"Yeah, tell me about it, sometimes I feel like I'm gonna explode! It's a...vampire...thing. Yeah, our emotions are heightened and we're on overdrive." Caroline says.

"It's a werewolf thing too. Just like I can't turn it off."

"Yeah." Caroline says and there is an awkward silence, Care decides to break it by saying. "Well. Uh, I hope you'll get, uh, lucky tonight."

"I'll see you later." Ty says as he laughs.

"Yeah, see you later." Caroline says and when he is out of earshot I start laughing  she turns to me and glares at me while saying. "I'm not jealous."

"Sure and I am queen of England." She glares at me harder and I stop laughing and say. "Ok, I will drop the subject if you promise me something."

"What?"

"When something happens between the two of you, you tell me about it." I say and quickly add before she starts saying that nothing will happen. "If  something happens."

She think about it and sighs before saying. "Fine." I smile in victory at her.

"Ok, I have to go get ready. Bye." I say leaving.

"Bye." I hear her call out as I leave.

_______________________________________

I finished getting ready and was waiting for Jenna to get ready and come downstairs so we can go to Elena's birthday party

I finished getting ready and was waiting for Jenna to get ready and come downstairs so we can go to Elena's birthday party. She comes down and she looks in deep thoughts.

 She comes down and she looks in deep thoughts

"What's wrong Jen?" I ask her.

"Nothing." She denies quickly, to quickly if you ask me.

"I know I said I wouldn't push, but is it about Ric?"

"No." I give her a look and she sighs before saying. "I feel like we are drifting apart."

I smile sympathetically at her and say." And that's okay."

"How?"

"You are both different then you were when you started your relationship. Then you were a human who didn't know about supernatural and now you are a vampire. You will forever stay this you and beautiful and he will grow old and..." I trail off not wanting to finish my sentence"

"Die." Jenna finishes for me and I nod.

"My point is you are different both physically  considering you are vampire and mentally. When you turn your emotions are heightened which means you are different mentally as well. Normal people grow out of relationship all the time so it's normal for someone who went through big change like you to grow out of relationship. Your relationship was great while it lasted but it is time for both of you to move on so you wouldn't suffer anymore." I say and she nods.

"When did you become so mature and smart?" She asks.

"I always was you just didn't notice." I say and smile at her and look at the time and see if we don't go we will be late. "We should go if we don't wanna be late." I say and she nods and we go to the party.

_____________________________________

At the party I separate from Jenna and find Care and Lena. After downing a few shots we go to look for a place we can hang out at.

"Oh...the Stoner den. Buzzkill." I say as Matt comes up to us.
"Hey guys." Matt greets us.

"Hey." I say.

"Matt, hey!" Elena greets him. He kisses her on the cheek. "Oh."

"Happy Birthday." He tells her.

"Thank you." Matt leaves. "He hates me. His hatred of me, has driven him to drugs!" Caroline complains.

"He doesn't hate you, he hates that he's not with you." I reassure her.

"Is that our brother?" Elena asks and I look over to the couch. Jeremy is smoking the joint in the chair. Elena hands Caroline her drink."Thank you." Elena says walking off as Caroline and I watch her leave and Care takes sip of her drink.

"I feel like I should go there and stop her from mothering him, but I don't wanna argue so I'm gonna go. Before Jeremy sees me and complains why I didn't stop Elena from giving him a long lecture about how smoking is bad." I say walking away.

_______________________________________________

I go home later after failing to find Elena or Jenna so I just text Jenna that I went home. I also didn't see Tyler or Caroline and I am hoping they finally confessed that they like each other. I went home and changed my clothes getting ready for bed when Jenna comes in looking upset.

"Ric?" I ask and she nods and I get up from bed and embrace her.

"We broke up." She mumble loud enough for me to hear her.

"Wanna watch movie and eat ice cream?" I suggest to her and she nods and we spend most of the night in the living room on the couch watching different movies before we fell asleep.