The Mandatory Visit

Start from the beginning

"You know, I accept these kinds of things from Carlie, but you?" He joked. Renesmee smiled smugly.

"Oops!" She said. She enjoyed it when she could pull off some tricks like me. As to why I will never understand.

After the Cullen delegation departed we headed home as well. Edward sat at his piano to distract himself and pay attention to his sister's visions. Alice attempted to redecorate the room meanwhile keeping a tag on the future. I sat next to Edward as well and kept an eye on Alice too. If something goes wrong we will know first and then we can call the traveling team to change their plan.

The plane will land at 5 pm. From then on Bella will arrive at Volterra after sunset. That part of the story was clear for a few days now.

"Is everything going as planned?" Renesmee asked. She was with Rosalie, aka mom 2.0.

"Yes ." I told her shortly. I didn't lift my eyes from Alice.

"Okay." She sounded nervous. She wanted to see into Alice's mind as well but life gave her other cards.

"Don't take it to heart. They are just overprotective of Bella. She will be fine." Rosalie attempted to brighten up her mood. She looked at me as I sat at the piano with a serious expression. Like father, like daughter, she thought.

I didn't pay her much mind. Alice had another vision. Bella arrives to Volterra. The whole town has a cozy medieval vibe to it. Small cobblestone streets. Fancy Italian houses with balconies. God if i didn't know that it is the capital of the vampire world i would visit there myself. She crosses the Main square to the palazzo. There are surprisingly few people in the way. Like as if they know that it is dangerous to be outside after sunset. As she gets to the large two winged wooden door it opens before her and two gray coated men appears.

"Well look at this. We have a guest." The larger one says.

"Well hello Felix, Alec." Bella welcomes them with a sweet smile. They copy her light manner and greet her back.

"We glad you finally made it. Aro was waiting for you for a while now." Alec says. He had a boyish round face with cute blond curls. He could pass as a child angel if he wouldn't have those demonic red eyes.

"I had to admit immortality suits you." Felix comments next and his eyes roam Bella up and down. Edward growls next to me. His fists in a ball on the keys of the piano. I pat his knees to calm him while I wasn't stopped observing Alice. He caressed my head as an answer.

The vision shifts and we saw that Bella gets leaded into the throne room where the three ancient waits for her. Aro almost squeals as he sees her.

"Dear Bella! Oh i am so delighted to see you after all this time." He speaks as if they haven't met in a hundred years. I twitch my nose in annoyance. This man is strange.

"Well I was invited after all." Bella refers to the congratulation card that Aro sent them for their wedding.

"I am greatly sorry that we couldn't make it to your ceremony. I believe it was a marvelous event." Aro talks forward. The blond ancient snorted at that. Not like they wanted to attend in the first place.

"We understood. I am honored at your generous gift as it is." Bella plays forward her politeness.

"I am blissful you liked it." Aro spoke sweetly.

He sent a huge diamond necklace as a wedding gift. Carlisle speculated it must be one of England's lost crown jewelry. To send something this precious as a wedding gift is beyond me. But we are talking about Aro and his priorities are completely elsewhere.

"Does your husband won't respect us?" Caius asks in an irksome way. Bella just smiles at him patiently.

"Well after the last time he didn't feel like coming. His pride was hurt badly. He still didn't get over it." Bella explains. Her way of speaking holds a bit of a shame. Like it was unpleasant for her as well.
As bothered Edward was, he was as proud. It is a believable alibi and Bella played her cards well. The guard thought so too as they snicker at the memory when Edward came to attempt suicide. What a fool he was.
Caius leans back on his throne.

"I see." He tells in his cruel voice.

Aro rubs his hands together as he asks.
"How long are you planning to respect us with your presence?" He was rather hopeful. Edward was stiff next to me. I glanced at him. He wanted to know what was going on in Aro's head.

"He hopes mom wants to stay with them." I told him. Edward looked at me surprised.

"Can you read his thoughts?" He asked. I just nodded as I watched the scene.

"How? This hasn't even happened yet." Alice asked as she stopped arranging a vase of flowers.

"If i see someone i know what is he thinking." I said simply. This is the essence of my power.

"Even through a vision?" Renesmee asked excitedly. I nodded again. They now realize how op I am. I smiled smugly while watching Alice.

Bella tells them she didn't plan to stay long as her family waits for her. Aro is disappointed and asks mom to stay a bit longer so they could speak in private as well. Reluctantly but Bella agrees. Edward turns back to his piano at that.

The vision shifts again. Now Bella sits in a large guestroom on a warm red sofa. On the walls are many large paintings which I am sure are from brilliant artists and so they are greatly expensive. The shelfs and showcases are filled with golden treasures and old fancy books and rolls. This whole room was made to show off Aro's great collection. He sat across Bella.

"Have you talked with Eleazar yet?" Aro gets to the point.

"We met at our wedding but we didn't talk that much." Bella replies.

"Really? I thought you discussed your talents already?" Aro says.

"My talent? I am not sure if I got any after all." Bella was unsure.

"Oh but you manifested your gift even when you were a human. I was sure it would get more noticeable once you are turned. " He tells her kindly. Like a teacher who wants to lead a student to the right answer.

Bella was thinking a bit then her eyes rounded in realization.
"Oh that talent. Well nothing really changed about that." She says shyly.

Aro hummes at that.
"You know in the guard there are many who are experienced with defensive skills like yours. I am sure they would gladly help you to fully unleash your shield's potential." He tries to sway her again.

For a moment Bella seemed to be lost in thought. Hope shimmered in Aro's eyes.

"I am really grateful for this offer." she starts "but i promised my family to not keep them waiting long. Maybe next time." Bella closes this conversation and stands up to leave.

"Of course." Aro stands as well and takes Bella's hand to give his goodbyes in an old fashioned kiss. His lips twitched as he notes he still can't read her memories. Amazing. They think they are clever....
"I send my regards to Edward and Carlisle." He smiles and leads Bella out of the room.

"I will pass on." Bella promises.

Edward relaxed back in his seat. It seems like everything goes as was planned.

"So?" Renesmee asked impatiently.

"Bella will arrive in two days." Alice told her the good news.

"This is it?" Rosalie asked skeptically. "Not a single backhanded plan?"

Alice zoomed out as she checked.
"They didn't decide anything that might hurt her." she said shortly.

"Although Aro is suspicious." I told them.

"Suspicious of what?" Edward asked sharply. He hated this man from all his heart.

"At first he hoped that mom went alone to join his coven. But when she told them it wasn't her intention he thought we are hiding something." I started to recap his thought process. Edward growled at that. Of course we are hiding something. We hide our existence. And with a good reason.
"He wants to find out what it is. Noone can hide anything from him, and when someone tries it is always so interesting." at the last part I tried to copy Aro's high pitched tone.

Edward sighted at that. At least they know that Bella got turned. Now they had no valid reason to sneak into our life again. Even if Aro is curious, for now we are safe. He rested one hand on my head and with his other hand he started to play an easy song.