Chapter 32

One week later

"Val where are we going now? Please let me open my eyes" Lucasia said with a pout which made Valentino chuckle softly.

"Patience Gattina" Valentino replied guiding her to the large field filled with fresh green grasses and beautiful small fireflies dancing all around while the starry night and the shining moon blessed them.

"Okay you can open them now" He said after a few seconds, standing right next to her and staring at her face with pure love and adoration.

He smiled when she opened her eyes and gasped in surprise. She stared around in awe at the beautiful scenery in front of her completely captivated. "It's breathtakingly beautiful!" Lucasia said smiling softly.

"It is" He replied but his eyes were glued to her gorgeous face. Lucasia caught him staring at her and blushed making his heart throb with how cute and adorable she was.

"Thank you for bringing me here!!" She said before jumping on him and hugging him tightly.

He chuckled softly and hugged her back tightly wrapping his arms around her. He then carried her to the only lavender tree in the field and sat down under it with her in his arms comfortably.

"I knew you would love it here" He whispered stroking her hair lovingly while he stared at her enjoying the cool and soft breeze along with the nocturnal sounds and the beautiful moon that provided comfort to her soul and mind.

"I really love it" She replied before turning around and placing a soft kiss on his cheek. He smiled and tugged her closer to him before pointing to the sky just when the rain of shooting stars started. His heart rejoiced even more when she gasped and smiled happily staring at the rain of shooting stars with awe and adoration. Who would have thought the sassy and hot headed lawyer could be this cute and adorable? Lord have mercy. She was the most beautiful woman he ever saw.

"This is perfect Valentino!" She exclaimed staring at the stars happily. She then closed her eyes for a few seconds and whispered something before opening them again.

"You made a wish?" He asked smiling softly.

"I did" She replied smiling happily. She then turned around in his arms and straddled her lap.

He stared into her eyes with immense love and affection and tugged her closer in response. His heart beating out of his chest because he brought her here today for a specific reason and he was nervous beyond words. "Gattina I want to take this moment to ask you something important" He said tugging her hair behind her ear lovingly.

Lucasia smiled softly and stared at him with immeasurable amount of affection and love. "What is it?" She asked, her eyes filled with curiosity.

Valentino took a deep breath before saying "My precious Gattina, you came into my life in the most unexpected way. I still can't believe I'm here today with you by my side. The way our story started wasn't the best yet to me it's perfect. It's insane how we went from enemies to lovers but if there's one thing I know for sure is that you my Gattina you stole my breath from the first day and I'm forever grateful to be able to call you mine. And.. That's why today in this instant while the moon bear witness of our love. I wish to ask you to marry me "He said pulling out a black box. He opened it and revealed two beautiful pure silver dragon rings. The dragon was biting its tail representing infinity. One had grey stones as eyes for Lucasia. It represented him. And The other one had hazel stones as eyes for him. It represented her.

He stared at Lucasia who remained frozen on the spot staring at the rings in pure awe then back at him. His heart raced in anticipation waiting for her answer. "Marry me my Gattina and make me the happiest mafia boss in the world" He whispered. They were already married but he wanted to wed her properly. The way they got married was rushed and forced. This time he wanted her consent and the blessings of their family.

"Yess!! God Yess!!" Lucasia replied finally snapping out of her shock state. She hugged him tightly and he released a breath in relief and held her tighter than ever allowing her light and warmth to engulf the depths of his dark soul. God he loved that woman. He wanted to hold her in his arms and worship her for the rest of his life.

"Thank you Gattina. Thank you so much for loving me despite my flaws. Despite my mistake. Despite my dangerous life. Thank you my wife. I love you so much" Valentino said holding her impossibly tight.

Lucasia pulled away to stare at him with happy tears in her eyes "Thank you as well for loving me, I had given up on love for good before I met you... I didn't ever expect to find someone like you who could love me when I was so empty and so hurt by life. I love you so much too" She whispered holding her face in his hands making his heart beat faster. Her words sending comfort and warmth to his soul.

He pulled her closer and kissed her passionately in response, wrapping his arms around her even more and pouring all the love he had for her in this kiss while the rain of shooting stars continued all around them blessing their infinite love for each other as he held on to the love of his life... His Gattina. His wife. His lawyer.

Don't forget to vote, Thank you!