Chapter 11

"You!! " Lucasia spat angrily once she regained her composure and immediately kicked him in the jaw so hard that he fell on the floor. Man.. She wanted to do that since such a long time. That felt immensely good.

"You bitch!! What are you doing here?" Jonathan King asked rubbing his jaw that was now bruising. He doesn't even know she's married to her brother. Oh now that's interesting.

"Ohh you don't know yet? Well I will not spoil the surprise for you" Lucasia said with a smirk just when the front door opened.

"We are back" Alex said from downstairs.

Lucasia smirked even more at Jonathan who was still on the floor. She passed next to him and went down the stairs to see Valentino looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Why so happy?" Valentino asked curiously.

"Ohh nothing I just did something I have always wanted to do and well I'm happy" Lucasia said looking at her nails happily.

"That bitch kicked me in my jaw!" Jonathan shouted angrily coming behind her.

"Ohh I'm sorry.. Did it hurt you? Do you need a hug?" She asked in a sarcastic tone turning around to stare at him.

"You fucking.." Jonathan immediately stopped with the death glare Valentino was giving him. One thing everyone knew was not to piss off the mafia boss.

"Why is she here?" Jonathan asked instead still rubbing his bruised jaw.

Valentino pulled Lucasia by her waist and back hugged her making her cheeks heat up at the sudden display of affection. "She's my wife" He said making his brother's eyes widen.

Lucasia was surprised by his behaviour and words but she didn't pull away from him. She couldn't. His arms were a comfortable presence for her especially right now when she was face to face with the guy she despised most. She hated him and wondered sometimes what will happen if she tells Valentino what his brother nearly did to her.

"Your wife. You married her? That girl has been on my back for months and you married her? Why?" Jonathan asked seemingly jealous and angry. Of course he knew.. No wonder he did not try to attack her after it. She's influential and famous after all.

"I married her because of you. I blackmailed her to give me all the evidence and married her forcefully," Valentino said with no emotions. Lucasia's heart ache hearing his words.. She didn't expect that answer or that he would say it so easily but then again it was true... That's how their relationship started.

"She's really your wife?" Jonathan asked not believing what Valentino was saying.

"She is. So next time be careful when you insult her, you ungrateful brat" Valentino spat making a smile tug at the corners of her lips.

Jonathan glared at both of them, fury and jealousy burning bright in his light blue eyes. "Assholes," He muttered under his breath.

"You are defending her when she hit me in my jaw" He complained like a child.

"Ohh stop whining like a fucking child" Ares said already annoyed by his presence.

"I think she did a great job" Alex added winking at her.

She chuckled in reply. "It was only a punch in the jaw, come on. He can bear it" She said throwing daggers at Jonathan.

"I will get back at you for this," Jonathan spat angrily coming closer to her.

"Oh don't you dare.." Valentino growled looking at his brother with fury, his hold on her tightening slightly.

"Why are you defending her? I'm your brother?! " Jonathan stated irritated.

Valentino scoffed. "Yes the same brother who messed around and nearly tarnished our family reputation by selling women as if they were sex objects that existed only for male satisfaction," Valentino spat loudly, his voice echoing in the living room. He swiftly let go of Lucasia and stood right in front of her, gripping his brother's collar with a dangerous glint in his eyes making her eyes widened at his behaviour.

"You know very well, it goes against my rules to sell women and treat them like that.
Didn't I warn you to stop? "Valentino asked furiously.

Lucasia stared in astonishment that even as a Mafia boss himself... Valentino had forbidden them to do such things. Maybe he truly was not as heartless as he appeared to be. Maybe Evan was right. After all not everything is always what it seems to be if one looks closely enough.

"Yes you did" Jonathan replied gulping nervously, his eyes now filled with fear.

"And what did you do?" Valentino shouted angrily.

"I disobeyed you," Jonathan replied with a soft voice sounding like a kid being scolded.

Lucasia spared a glance at Alex and Ares only to find both of them with a smug smile on their faces and she instantly understood that they despised him as much as she did. If they knew what Jonathan nearly did to her, maybe they would hate him even more. But she did not want to hurt Valentino.. She knew if she tells the truth about why she's truly after her brother. Valentino will feel guilty and hurt. She did not know why exactly but she did not want that.

"Apologise to her right now" Valentino said catching her off guard. Wait.. What? Was he serious?

"Why?" Jonathan spat, his male ego taking over.

"Because you called her a bitch" Valentino simply said making her heart warm up. Even after what she did to Valentino.. Even after messing with him so much. He still defended her and that also against his own brother.

"Fine.... I'm sorry" Jonathan hesitantly apologised to her with a scowl and finally Valentino released him.

"Oh but I'm not sorry for punching you... though I will gladly accept the apologies" She replied with a smirk making Alex and Ares chuckle at her response. Jonathan glared at her in response before pushing past her and leaving the house silently. The door slamming shut behind her.

"Man.. Uou did a good job Lucasia" Alex said clapping his hands.

"Yeah I agree" Ares said with a smile. For once even Ares seemed happy.

"Thank you. I wanted to punch him since so long" She said with a chuckle.

"You guys are aware than I'm here and hearing you perfectly well talking about my brother like that, right?" Valentino asked with an amusing stare.

"Yes we know" They all said in unison. She was definitely happy that she got to kick that bastard. That was not enough of course but it still provided some satisfaction to her soul.

Valentino chuckled softly at them. "Okay now stop it. Gattina I need to talk to you" He added motioning for her to follow him upstairs.

"Umm, ok.." Lucasia replied following him upstairs and wondering what he wanted to talk to her about.

Don't forget to vote, Thank you!!