Chapter 10

Next day

Lucasia was currently in her room. Sitting on the couch and thinking about Valentino who had left the house a couple of hours ago for a mission. She was thinking about how he was gentle with her after beating up that guy. And how he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her cheek after she took care of his badly bruised knuckles.

She had loved the feel of his arms around her more than she expected. Not only that she slept peacefully in ages. Having Valentino in bed next to her made her feel so much at peace that she slept like a baby. But this was wrong. She could not get attached to him. He may have protected her against Samuel but he nonetheless forced her into a marriage she never wanted. He prevented her from bringing the man she despised the most to justice.

That was not something she could forgive him for. She sighed heavily deep in thoughts when her phone started ringing. She immediately looked at who it was and picked up the call with a smile.

"Hi bunny," She greeted him happily.

"Oh someone's in a good mood," Evan said on the other line and she was sure he was grinning right now.

"I am. How are you?" She asked still smiling.

"I'm fine Gloomy and you? How's Your devil husband doing? "Evan asked curiously.

"We are fine... For now " She said feeling her cheeks heat up slightly.

"Hmm Ok..Did something happen?" Evan asked suspiciously.

"Well yesterday Samuel kind of tried to force himself on me at the parking lot at work.. late night and Valentino beat him up" She replied.

"What?? And you didn't even thought to tell your best friend," Evan scolded sounding livid.

"Oh come on. I wanted to tell you when we see each other face to face" Lucasia said rubbing the back of her neck.

"Next time you better tell me or I will kick your ass" Evan said making her laugh.

"I will, promise " She replied shaking her head even if he couldn't see her.

"Good... Maybe he indeed is not a bad guy" Evan said making her sigh.

"Maybe.." She replied hesistantly.

"Look... I know your marriage was a forced one but you could try and treat each other well. You are stuck with him either way. Might as well make things work" Evan said in a matter of fact. Maybe he was right. She could try but what about her case then? She still wanted to make his brother pay. She exhaled softly and shook those thoughts away. She would find a solution later.

"And you? When are you planning to be serious and finally date someone?" She asked instead wanting to change the subject.

"Oh you know me. Commitment is not for me. I am not in the mood for girls right now. I would rather keep on loving my motorcycle than girls," Evan said making her burst out laughing. This guy really had a deep bond with his motorcycle.

"Yeah of course, laugh all you want. Jerk" Evan retorted annoyed but she knew he was grinning even more now.

"By the way.." Lucasia trailed off when she heard someone knock on her door.

"Oh umm.. Bunny... I think Valentino is back, I will call you later. Take care" She quickly said standing up from the couch and heading to the door.

"Okay take care too" Evan said hanging up just when she opened the door.

"Hey you are ba..." Lucasia stopped mid-sentence when she saw who it was. The one she least expected to see.. She froze on the spot staring into light blue eyes that held nothing but evilness.

Don't forget to vote, Thank you!!