Chapter 4

Valentino was currently in his room on the balcony. He had just freshen up and was wearing black sweatpants and a simple black shirt. He was thinking about Lucasia... and if he took the right decision but his thoughts were interrupted when he heard the door of his room open and slam shut.

Yeah. Definitely his rude wife. He shook his head with a chuckle before heading back inside to come face to face with an angry Gattina. Oh if looks could kill, he would already be six feet under ground right now.

She stared into his eyes, with such a fire that his heart started to beat faster. There was something about her eyes. They seemed to hold such a fury but at the same time they looked so innocent and pure. He didn't know why but he seems lost everytime he stared into her eyes. And he didn't know if he liked it or not.

"I hate you" She spat making him snap out of his trance.

"So do I" He replied keeping his poker face on, though he knew he didn't exactly hate her. He was irritated by her attitude for sure but he was also intrigued by her.

She scoffed in reply and turned her back to him, going into the walk in closet before coming out with her clothes. She then entered the bathroom and slammed the door shut very loudly.

God this woman has a serious problem. Always slamming the doors... He sighed heavily and just sat down on the couch leaning his head against it and closing his eyes.

Fifteen minutes later, he jolted awake by a loud bang. "What the fuck?" He asked looking at his wife furiously. She had just slammed the door. Of course. She would do that.

She smiled innocently in reply. "Oh I'm so sorry. Did I wake you up darling?" She asked in a fake sweet voice.

He glared at her and gritted his teeth in response. Cheeky little devil. This girl was going to be a real headache. With a clenched jaw, he stood up from the couch and grabbed some pillows and a blanket from the bed.

"What are you doing?" Lucasia asked watching his every move.

"I'm going to sleep on the couch. You will sleep on the bed," He simply replied before plopping down on the couch again and getting into a comfortable position if that was even possible. The couch was anything but comfortable.

Thankfully, she did not say anything again and only the flicker of the light switch was heard leaving them in a comfortable silence. Sighing deeply, he closed his eyes. This woman was surely going to eat his life bites by bites. With that thought in mind, he slowly fell asleep despite the discomfort he was in.

                                  ***

Valentino turned on the other side trying to find a comfortable position again but in vain. He groaned before finally opening his eyes to check the time. Nine o'clock.

Glancing towards the bed, he saw Lucasia still asleep. She was cute to be honest in this oversized t-shirt and sweatpants. If only she had a polite mouth then maybe he wouldn't want to kick her out of his room. Sighing softly, he slowly stood up from the couch feeling sore everywhere. Lord... Sleeping on that couch was a torture and he would have to go through it everyday now.

He scowled deeply and went closer to his wife observing her sleeping figure with a deep gaze. "You look far more angelic when you are asleep, Gattina" Valentino whispered a slight smile now tugging at the corners of his lips. He then covered her with the blanket properly and went to the bathroom to freshen up.

After 15 minutes, he came out fully dressed in a single breasted silk black brioni suit. He quickly wore his rolex watch and glanced at his wife who was still fall asleep before silently leaving the room. Going down the stairs, he came face to face with Alex and Ares bickering over something again as usual. He rolled his eyes at them.

"What are you guys fighting about now?" Valentino asked. Sometimes he wondered if these two men here were the same mafia men that helped him on his missions.

"Oh you are here. Good. Tell me honestly. Who's the most handsome between him and me?" Alex asked eagerly.

"Seriously?" Valentino asked raising his eyebrow with an amusing stare.

"Yes come on just say it" Alex urged, waiting impatiently while Ares rolled his eyes.

"Well I would say... me. I'm certainly more handsome " Valentino replied teasingly, earning a scowl from Alex in return.

"Hey I didn't include you in it" Alex complained with a huff.

Valentino chuckled in response. He always liked to annoy Alex. It was funny to see him mad but he had things to do now and henceforth he quickly headed towards the door letting the two continue their bickering like an old married couple.

"Take care of her and make sure she eats" He added just before closing the door behind him. He then headed towards his car hoping this girl wouldn't cause any trouble in his absence. But oh boy was he wrong...

Don't forget to vote, Thank you!!