Chapter 6

As soon as she arrived at the coffee shop, she took a seat close to the door and ordered two cups of coffee for them. While waiting for her best friend, she tapped her foot nervously wondering how she was going to tell Evan she got married... That also to a mafia boss.

"Gloomyyy" Evan's cheerful voice was suddenly heard making her stand up quickly to hug him. He immediately hugged her back pulling her even closer to him.

"I'm happy to see you " Evan said once they broke the hug. He then took a seat next to her and smiled cheerfully. Oh boy if only he knew why she called him... He would definitely not be smiling like that.

She quickly called the waitress over and once their coffee was served. She sat down as well and took a sip of the coffee enjoying the bitter taste before facing her best friend who raised an eyebrow waiting for her to spill the beans while gulping down his coffee.

"I got married," She simply said making Evan choke on his coffee. She wasn't one to beat around the bush. If she was going to make her best friend get a heart attack, might as well do it straight away.

"What?" He asked, coughing badly with wide eyes. " You are kidding right?" He added furiously.

"I'm not kidding. I'm married to Valentino King. I got married to him yesterday" She simply said, her emotionless face on.

"Why? He asked skeptic." You are the last person I thought would ever get married. You don't believe in love then why?" He added. She sighed and mentally prepared herself before telling her best friend everything.

30 minutes later

"Oh that fucker. Asshole. Dickhead," Evan said muttering all kinds of curses at her husband as soon as she finished telling him everything.

She chuckled in reply. "As much as I'm enjoying it. We are in a coffee shop, Bunny" She stated staring at her best friend with an amusing smirk.

"Oh I don't care! What he did was wrong! " Evan said with a scowl.

She hummed in reply. "Don't worry. I may not be able to get out that marriage yet but I'm definitely going to make his life a living hell" She said with an evil smirk. If she could not make his brother pay. Then she would make Valentino's life a living torture as a compensation.

Evan chuckled softly. "Right you destroyed his office" He said shaking his head with a smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Exactly and that's just the start" She replied, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Good but assure me... He didn't try to.. Force himself on you right.." Evan asked cautiously.

"No.. He didn't.." Lucasia whispered softly.

She was quite surprised yesterday when he told her he would sleep on the couch. He didn't even try to.. Rape her or force her to sleep on the same bed with him. He did not behave like his brother would. And that was what made her more intrigued by this man.. Why was he behaving like that with her? He was supposed to be evil. Bad. Cruel.

"Well that's good. Maybe he's not that.. Bad" Evan said as if reading her thoughts.

"I don't know I need time to figure out that devil husband of mine" She said with a sigh when her phone got a notification. She quickly unlocked it and checked  to see a message from an unknown number :

Hi. It's Ares, come home right now. Valentino wants to talk to you..

She smirked and replied with 'Okay'. She definitely wanted to see his face now that she destroyed his office.

"Why the smirk? " Evan asked noticing the change in her expression.

"I need to go now. The devil is back home " Lucasia replied standing up hurriedly.