The Breakup Explained

Start from the beginning

All four Trolls watched as their oldest brother used his grappling hook to grab a tree limb and clumsily fall to the ground.

"Later, losers!" they heard him faintly shout one last time.

"Fine! I'm outta here!" Clay said, storming out of the pod.

"Same here!" Spruce agreed, following his little brother.

"Guys, please, come on!" Floyd pleaded, but it was too late. His older brothers were already gone. There was no BroZone without all five bros, so there was only one thing Floyd could do with his music.

But first, he had to say goodbye.

"It's my fault," Branch admitted. "I ruined everything."

"No, no, Branch. This is not your fault," Floyd insisted with a sigh. "We're not in sync. We've gone from boys to men, and now, there's only one direction for us to go: the backstreets."

"But not you, Floyd," Branch said sadly. "You're not leaving, too?"

"Not forever," he insisted. "I'll be back, I promise. But right now, I... I have to follow my heart. It's telling me that it's time to start a solo career."

"But... what am I gonna do?"

"Branch, you are going to do the most important thing of all," Floyd answered. "You're gonna... take care of Grandma!"

"Aw, come on, Branch! Let's play some rummy!" their grandmother said sweetly, before her face turned serious and she said, "But I won't let you win, because I play for the money!"

"You might have to let her win, occasionally," Floyd said with a wink. Branch nodded as Floyd took off his leaf vest and wrapped it around Branch's shoulders. "When you miss me, you can wear this. It'll be like I'm right here with you."

"And when you come back, we'll make our hideout!" Branch said, holding up a piece of paper.

"Definitely," Floyd agreed, looking at the drawing of the underground hideout. "Wow! Is that a ten story waterslide?"

"Yeah, that's how we shower!" Branch explained with a giggle.

"Well, we better keep this in a safe place," Floyd suggested, folding the drawing back up and tucking it in one of the pockets of the vest. Knowing this would be the last time they would see each other for a while, Floyd offered his little brother a hug goodbye, who tearfully accepted.

"I'll see you soon, Baby Branch," Floyd said, and headed out the door. He gave Branch one final smile before stepping outside and into the wilderness.

"Bye... See you later..."

End flashback

Flower quickly noticed her father's eyes get watery once again and wiped them away with her tiny hands.