chapter twenty-five

"Long time no see Satoru." Toji greets, tilting his head. "I take it you're here for her? How exactly did you know?"

Satoru doesn't know what to say. Is this man standing in front of him? Or is he hallucinating? He doesn't bother to answer the question.

Toji glances back before looking down at his watch. "We don't have much time, do you want to see her or not?"

Nodding in response, he watches as Toji begins to walk away quickly and he follows after him. He leads Satoru to a bathroom where he pulls a gun out and has it pointed directly at Satoru. "You won't be seeing her." It's the jealousy in him.

Satoru's facial expression darkens and he stares at Toji. "What do you know?"

Toji doesn't back down, shrugging with a sly smirk on his face. "I know a lot. But am I going to tell you?" He then laughs. "Not a chance. Just know she will be in good hands after I kill them all. By the way, how's my son doing?"

"Doing better than he ever would have if he stayed with you," Satoru responds in a way that makes Toji clench his jaw.

"You were supposed to die that day." Toji clicks his tongue, shaking his head. "Don't worry, I'll let her see the kids again and together we will raise them. I know that she loves them."

It irritates Satoru that Toji is saying these things...speaking of you this way. It's been 7 years, did you move on from him?

"Whatever you're going to do, just do it and get it over with." Satoru finally says bluntly.

Cocking the gun, Toji aims a bit better, more up toward the forehead area. But the door opens and Satoru turns around, seeing Naoya standing there. "Well...what do we have here."

It takes a moment for Naoya to grasp that it's Satoru standing in front of him. Considering he's been out of the country, he never cared to check to see if he was alive. He just let himself think that he was based on the terms he was left in.

"Naoya, you have my phone." You walk into the bathroom without realizing what was happening.

In the corner of your eye, you notice the familiar white hair and turn your head, your eyes on him.

Toji puts the gun down and looks at your face. He needs to find a way out of this situation. It's bad for every single person in this room, but he only cares about you.

Satoru tries to approach you, but Naoya protectively steps in front of you. "Things have changed, Gojou." He then glances over at Toji and smiles. "Well, I'll have somebody handle this." He holds his hand out for you to take.

You look at it and swallow hard. If you don't take his hand right now, you'll just die right here and now. You have to play it cool. And so you can't be bothered to look in Satoru's direction again. Putting your hand in Naoya's, he's pulling you out of the bathroom and leading you away from the bathroom, making you stay put in place. "I'll be back."

"No, Naoya. You can't do this. I had no idea he was alive, meaning he has been taking care of the kids. They need him, okay? I won't let him interfere with anything, I can promise you that...just please." You're about to cry and Naoya frowns.

He grabs your face, wiping the singular tear that slips from your eye. "You can't make promises you won't be able to keep, my love." His hands fall from your face to his sides, and he begins approaching the other Zenins.

There's nothing you can do at this point and you feel helpless, just standing there, watching as he takes the gun from one of the other Zenin's, knowing he's going to walk into that bathroom and kill both of them. Toji has a gun, but either way, he's still outnumbered.

As he walks into the bathroom, you turn around, let out a breath, and wait to hear the gunshots but that moment never comes. Giving it a minute, you turn slightly just as Naoya steps out of the bathroom. "I want this airport shut down. Find them." You hear from afar.

They got away.

You smile for a moment before Naoya looks at you, and it fades rather quickly.

Naoya is walking toward you and the look on his face is terrifying, reminding you of everything that happened before. You take a few steps back, scared of what he's about to do.

His hands slap the sides of your face and your eyes widen. You thought this feeling of fear of him had gone away, but the old him is back. "I know you. Better than you fucking think...and I know what you're thinking. I saw that smile. I love you. Okay? And I'm going to get rid of him."

All you do is stare into his eyes, swallowing hard.

He kisses your forehead. "After all of this is over...we're going to move on with our lives and live happily. Isn't that what you want?" His hands move down your face, cupping your cheeks now.

"That's all I want." You croak out. Just not with him. 

merry Christmas eve. I'll try to have another update tomorrow as well. 

I notice I write more when I'm really depressed.