chapter nineteen

You're on the couch, watching TV as thunder roars in the sky outside, shaking the ground just enough to notice.

Grabbing the remote, you change the channel, hoping to find something to your liking. Or anything to at least fit the gloomy mood.

Naoya is gone and won't be back for another week. He only left you here because you're pregnant. You're not complaining though, you'd rather stay home than go anywhere with him.

After killing Suguru, Naoya left the body there and you stayed up all night cleaning it up. It was horrible.

Your eyes shift over to the blood stain you were unable to get up, taking a deep breath and standing up.

It's been hard to focus on anything other than the negatives anymore.

As your mind drifts to Satoru, you begin to feel dizzy and you reach for something, holding yourself up. After finding out what happened that night, you do not have it in you to forgive him. How could he keep something like that from you?

Thunder shakes the ground again, and you hear something bang on the window. When you walk over carefully, you push the curtain to the side, seeing as it's just a tree branch hitting the window.

Getting a better look, lightning strikes, igniting the sky and you notice it begins to rain.

You back away from the window, jumping when somebody bangs on the door.

Something is telling you not to open the door. You take a step forward before coming to a complete stop. Why?

Gaining the strength to move forward, you find yourself in front of the door. As you open it up, a strong gust of wind hits you, taking you by surprise. Satoru is also standing there, drenched.

"I've been trying to get a hold of you. There's a bad storm..." Satoru is studying your face as you look into his eyes.

All you can do is stand there silently as his hair blows.

Rain droplets hit your face because of the wind and Satoru tries to move you further into the house to come inside, but you don't budge. "What's wrong? Did something happen?"

"I know what happened the night of my party." You say quietly and you can see the color from his face drain.

He swallows the sudden lump in his throat. "How?" Satoru is nervous as to how you found out about it. And the guilt of not telling you sets in.

You turn around without saying another word, heading to the door that leads out to the backyard. He comes inside and shuts the door before following you.

As you open the door, the strong wind gusts catch you off guard but you continue to walk through the backyard.

He's confused when you stop, staring down at something. When he walks up, he puts a hand on your shoulder just as thunder roars above you both. "Let's go inside, you're gonna get sick." But as he looks down, he notices the dirt covering what appears to be a body.

"I didn't know what else to do with it." You say, looking over at him as his eyes divert to yours suddenly. Your body begins to tremble due to the cold. "Luckily Naoya killed him. But he said that you lied...yet, you had never told me anything at all. And suddenly, it all hit me at once.

Satoru can't believe his eyes as it scan the dug-up dirt covering the body. "Let's just go inside, I'll explain everything. Okay?"

Lightning strikes the ground and thunder follows shortly after. "I don't need you to explain anything to me, Gojou. I deserved to know what happened. I bet you'll say something along the lines of 'Oh, I was just protecting you.' but that's not protecting me!"