chapter nine

You're standing in the shower with Satoru, your hands running through his white hair with shampoo.

His eyes are closed as he relaxes while you massage his scalp.

Showering together is so intimate. You don't know what made you decide that you wanted him to join you.

He has already seen every inch of you, so there is nothing to be embarrassed about. Though, when you first started to undress you felt yourself getting anxious. Satoru made sure you felt comfortable enough to get in with him.

Neither of you have said a word yet.

Thinking back to yesterday, you sigh and rest your head against his chest.

It doesn't matter how hard you try to push the thoughts to the back of your mind, it doesn't do any good.

His finger pushes up on your chin, so that you're looking at him. He smiles before he kisses you softly.

You cup his cheeks while you kiss him.

"Do you remember when we first had sex?" Satoru is smiling as he pulls away from you, looking down at you. "I had just turned 17...and god, I was so fucking nervous. I remember we both agreed that it would be a one time thing just so we could lose our virginities."

Rolling your eyes, you playfully hit his chest, watching as he moves under the water to get the shampoo out of it. "You were nervous?"

"Are you really asking me that?" Satoru laughs.

You nod. "Yeah, I am."

He washes the shampoo out and shakes his head. "I had no idea what I was doing, plus, I was losing my virginity to you. The main thing I was worried about was impressing you."

"You didn't seem worried about it at all. If I remember correctly, you even told me you knew what you were doing. And Satoru...you never needed to impress me."

"What makes you say that?" He asks, grabbing your hand.

You smile at him. "I don't know how to explain it..."

Satoru is staring down at you as the water hits his back and he rubs your hand softly. "Have you ever thought that maybe...we were meant to be more than friends?"

Your eyes widen slightly at his words and instantly, your heart is pounding. Suddenly, you can't even speak a sentence so instead you nod.

"What have we been waiting for?" Satoru is inches away from your face, and you've never felt this nervous around him. He knows.

Unexpectedly, his fingers mess around with your folds and you let out a gasp, the feeling catching you off guard. He then slips a finger into you, moving your leg to give himself better access.

He's staring into your soul.

One of Satoru's favorite things to do is watch your face as he pleases you. "You gonna answer me, baby?"

You nod before your head falls back and hits the shower wall, grabbing onto him for support.

"Ever since we were kids—" Satoru is cut off by your phone ringing, which makes you jump.

He removes his finger and allows you to open the door and reach for it on the counter.

"It's my mom." You say, frowning as you answer it. "Mom?"

"Sweetheart, we need to talk. I know about you and Naoya." She says into the phone and it's the first time you've even thought of him in days, you tense up.

Satoru is watching you as he turns the water off.

You look over at him. "I'm sorry, mom. It just wasn't working between us anymore, I had to leave. You understand, don't you?" You're Hoping for a yes, but she's very stubborn. And it'll never matter how you feel, just as long as she can tell you how everything you did was wrong and he did nothing wrong.