3-10

Full photos on my Pinterest. Check my announcements.

- The Rehearsal -

The rehearsal was going well so far. Your dress was a simple spaghetti-strap white silk dress with a slit up the side.

You walked up the stairs and knocked on the door. Dru's head peaked out, and he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Hi, darling. Is it time?" Dru asked as you nodded at him.

He grabbed his coat as you opened the door fully, "Wow." Dru beamed, his eyes blazing with lust, "you look incredible."

"Thank you, baby, shall we?" He offered his arm as you graciously accepted.

Your eyes skimmed his body. Dru wore a white turtleneck, chestnut brown pants, and a matching overcoat with dress shoes.

You smiled to yourself, 'he wants to make a good impression on his mother.'

You walked down the stairs to the reception area where dinner would be held as everyone you cared about, and Gru was for the rehearsal dinner.

You walked into the hall, seeing your closest friends with clipboards. You made a mental note to ask them about that after.

You hugged some family and friends who were able to attend the rehearsal, "thank you for coming!"

Anita switched some seating cards around and called for your attention, "The time is 7:30, please be seated."

You searched around for your name when Anita sighed and started reading names, "Y/n, Dru..."

You started to take your seats as Dru placed a hand in your lap and you squeezed his hand reassuringly.

"Anita has her sitting next to you, I hope that's not an issue." You asked him.

He shook his head, "No, I'm just nervous, I mean, what if she doesn't like me?"

You squeezed his hand again, "how could she not love you?"

"You're sweet, thoughtful, and bake amazing cookies." You kissed his knuckles.

Suddenly, an older woman sat down next to Dru. She did not smile or say hello.

You knew her a while ago, considering that you almost dated her other son.

"Dru." The woman turned as he looked down at her, "I'm so proud of you."

And with that, the waterworks began. Marlena looked at her son with surprise.

You smiled and hugged him as he cried into your shoulder, "It's a happy cry."

The woman nodded as Dru started to clean himself up, "Sorry, that was embarrassing."

"I take it that was the first time anyone has told that to you." Marlena put her hand on his shoulder and chuckled.

He shook his head, "No, no, Y/n tells me that all the time. It's just that the first words my mother tells me is that she's proud of me."