2-6

The next morning, they arrested Floyd for having the PX-41 serum, which you thought was a mistake, but didn't act on it then and there. You had also learned that Lucy was being transferred to Australia for her next assignment.

You had wanted to ask Gru about what was up with him and Lucy, so you brought a peace offering, even though you had done nothing wrong to him.

You walked up the stairs to his office, when you heard him talking on the phone, "Hello Lucy, this is Gru. I know up to this point our relationship has been strictly professional and you're leaving for Australia and all."

"Okay, here is the question. Would you like to go out on a date?" At that point, you turned and left.

You didn't need to hear anymore. Some part of you wanted to believe this was just a cruel joke and he wouldn't lead you on like that, but the realistic version of you knew it wasn't going to last.

-.-

You looked in the mirror at home, seeing your makeup run. Everything you had done was in vain, for a man who could care less about who you were. He meant everything to you and yet you weren't enough.

You didn't know how to feel.

Whenever he needed something, you were there in a flash, taking care of whatever problem there was, but when you needed him most, he wasn't there.

Even if it came to a dangerous situation, he chose a woman he'd known for a month over one who adopted his children and even saved them from a maniac who wanted the moon.

You adopted them and homed them, even got them therapy after he gave them back.

Not once did you complain or berate him, so what did you do to deserve this?

You didn't want to go to the party, but Eduardo was counting on you to be there because he needed to tell you something.

Looking at your closet, you saw the gold dress with a matching choker that he had given you.

You were going, and if the time came, you would have your closure.

-.-

You had all 800 cupcakes brought to the party. You wore a gold dress, serving cupcakes to guests as a waiter took them from you.

You looked to see Gru upset in a corner by himself, Eduardo walking to cheer him up.

Normally you would be immediately by his side, but this time you were sticking to your gut. You felt numb but still didn't know how to approach the situation.

He walked toward you, Gru watching both of you as Eduardo grabbed your hand, pulling you swiftly into a hallway.

Picking you up bridal style he danced on the patterned floor, which was no doubt, booby-trapped, and brought you to the elevator. Setting you down gently, he wrapped his arms around your waist, holding you tightly.

Once the short elevator ride was over, he walked with you to a room.

You were a little surprised to see Dr. Nefario sitting at the table with Anita, "Y/n, can we talk for a short moment."

You looked at Eduardo who slowly let go of your waist, letting you walk towards your friend.

"Y/n, the worst mistake I've made was encouraging you to go after Gru. Look at what he's done to you. He's used you-"

The door opened, revealing Gru and El Macho, walking side by side. El Macho called for the three of you as he was concerned with Dr. Nefario at the moment.

He showed the minions who were transformed with the PX-41 serum, showing exactly what they could do, "And here's the best part. I've got an army of them!"

El Macho yelled, showing the thousands of cages filled with the now purple minions who were screaming and aggressive.

"Soon, I will unleash them on the world! And anyone, anyone, who tries to stop them... YOW! The city gets eaten!" El Macho said confidently to Gru.

"And we'll do it together. I have admired your work for years, amigo. Stealing the moon? Are you kidding? We would be unstoppable." He walked to where you were sitting.

"Men like you; men like me, we should be ruling the world! You would be my right-hand man. And I would have my queen to rule the world with." He held his hand out to you as you sat there, in shock.

When you had befriended him, you didn't know that it would lead to such possessiveness. Or that you had charmed him to the point that he now wanted you to be his bride.

Turning back Dr. Nefario whooped and shot confetti as Gru looked almost as panicked as you, "Yeah, probably."

"Probably?" He looked as Gru slowly back up towards the elevator.

"I mean yes, yes of course! Yes! I just have a lot going on right now. I just need to get some things off my plate before we start taking over the world, that's all." He was at the elevator and called it.

"Excuse me, no, no, forget it. 100%. I mean, I think what is- you hear that? I do. That's Agnes calling me from on the surface-" the doors closed and opened, "totally in."

"You know, I don't think he's in." El Macho said, releasing the modified Kevin from his chair.

He walked to you, pressing a button on your choker, "Don't worry mi amor, we will rule together soon."

You sat there in panic, worried for your family and friends, but also what was activated around your neck.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and/or follow me for more!

Status: Edited {1}