3-4

You ran a hand through your hair, frustrated with the way Lucy had acted today, not only did she let two young children off on their own, in a country she's never been to, but she had betrothed her eldest daughter.

Even though Freedonia was one of the safest countries in the world, Lucy should've known better than to do that. She should've done at least a bit of research before coming to your home.

After dinner the four of you had a sit-down talk, "Lucy, I need you to understand that what you did today was unacceptable."

Lucy rolled her eyes, "Y/n, I know how to parent. Please don't lecture me about raising these girls. I'm an adult."

You sighed, "Gru, she gave these girls permission to go into a tavern, alone or not, she should've shut that down in a respectful way instead of saying, 'Oh, maybe later'." You were frustrated, pacing.

"God, she even forced Margo to partake in the ceremony, for fun." You explained how drastic the measures were.

"You what?" Dru looked at Lucy, "How could you? That's horrible. This isn't your home to be doing things like that."

Lucy sat there, "I don't understand why you're so stressed; it was just a little game, it's not going to hurt anyone. Besides, Y/n you know the girls prefer me and think of myself as their mother."

"Because you keep forcing that role onto them!" You wanted to rip your hair out, sitting next to your fiancé.

He rubbed your back as you focused on your breathing, "Lucy, the cheese festival is for young children to be betrothed. The cheese season is for exporting produce and combining businesses through marriage."

Gru didn't say a single word, only worried for the safety of his children.

"Fix it civilly. There will be no hurting of civilians or being aggressive." He stood up with you, "That is the least you can do."

Leaving the room, you both walked down the hallway, his hand around your waist holding your hand.

-.-

Dru walked you to your room, opening the door for you, "Are you alright, viața mea?"

You nodded, "you know when I'm not."

He walked back to the door, "Close it."

He stopped, looking at you in surprise, slowly closing it, and walked back to where you were.

"How do you feel about this pink?" You pulled a set from the closet."

"It's nice, but I like the red."

You looked at it, pulling it from the closet, "alright."

Dru helped you with your coat, slipping it onto a hanger and sliding it into its place. Handing him your accessories, you turned.

"Darling." You waited for him to undo the zipper.

He slowly slid it down, and you knew he was embarrassed.

You chuckled, "Fine, turn around and face the wall. You don't need to close your eyes like a child."

You slipped the dress off, waiting for him to register the mirror on the wall he was facing as you took your bra off, and put the nightgown on with ease.

As soon as the bra dropped you heard a small scream and giggled to yourself before continuing.

You turned, seeing him with his hands covering his eyes, slowly pulling his hands down, you held them, "I love you."

He buried his head in your shoulders, holding you close to him, "I love you more than words can know. I promise I will give you the world."

You shook your head, "You don't need to give me the world."

He stared into your eyes, and replied in a completely monotone voice, "I have worked too hard to not give you the world. You have lived a tough life as much as I, and you will get what you deserve."

He kissed you, deeply, holding you close to himself as he felt your hands run through his soft hair.

He kissed your forehead, "I love your mind,"

You kissed his cheeks, "I love your joy."

He kissed your lips, "I love your words."

You kissed his neck, "I love your soul."

He kissed your chest, "I love your heart."

You kissed the center of his palm, as he did you, "I love all of you."

"I am across the hall, and I will come if you need it." Dru looked at you, with his sad puppy eyes.

He did not want to leave you, but knew he must, so, reluctantly, he slowly closed the door.

-.-

Dru woke up with a start, hearing cries come from across the hall. He jumped out of bed and ran to your room as Gru, who was next to his brother's room, woke up and ran to the hallway, opening his door to see Dru.

He watched as Dru hastily opened your door, not caring to close it, "I'm here. I'm here."

He knelt on the ground, removing the sheets from your sweating form, "My love, I'm here."

You looked at him, choking on your sobs, "It burns-"

He hugged you tight, knowing the PTSD of being burned alive was still something that affected you. Even with therapy.

He was there every step of the way, and would always be there, "I know it burned, but you're not there anymore. You aren't hurt and you're home, with me."

He kissed your forehead and held you close, "You are safe, you are loved, you are mine."

You cried into his chest as he held you tightly, "I was there." your muffled voice came through, "I can still hear him talking to me about why he did it."

"Shh, shh, it's okay." Dru kissed your lips, "He cannot harm you anymore. No one will, I will always be there to save you."

You looked at him and kissed him, "Would you like to stay in our room?"

You nodded, Dru held you, picked you up, and walked across the hall to his room as Gru stood by the door of his to eavesdrop.

He had no idea that when El Macho almost burned you alive it had traumatized you that bad.

He laid you in the bed, walking around and lying next to you, "I will be right here. If it happens again, just wake me up if I don't, which I'm sure I will."

You nodded, snuggling up to him, "Thank you for being so patient with me."

"Always." He kissed you deeply, then held you close as you both fell to sleep again.

It would take a while for you to get better, and he knew that, but he would wait a thousand years if it meant you would live peacefully with him.

He truly would.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow for more!

Status: Edited {1}