2-3

Pollito - Poe - ji-toe

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

You sat at home, helping the girls get ready for bed, Agnes sounded wonderful for the Mother's Day pageant, though it took a few times to make her sound less robotic. It melted your heart when she compared you to a mother.

You had gone through your uncle's cookbook and found some cupcake recipes that fit the bill or could be adjusted. You wrote them up and sat there all night, waiting for Gru to come home.

Very often Gru would be preoccupied with his business, so you would stay home in the guest room, taking care of the girls and the minions, who seemed to be disappearing.

At 4:30-ish you realized that he wasn't coming home, and decided to head to the mall since trial and error was a very large part of the baking process. You had set up shop, seeing an earpiece on the counter you slipped it on, listening to their conversation as you set up shop.

"That's an image I'll never get out of my brain," Gru said to himself, walking around the back of the restaurant.

"So what's the deal with you and Y/n?" Lucy asked him.

You stirred while listening to their conversation, "What deal? Nothing is going on with me and Y/n."

Your heart sank as you stood there, "Oh, because I thought you two were at least dating."

"No, no, no, we're just good friends. She will come over and help me with my daughters occasionally, but there's no dating." Gru said, still observing, "I knew it, the serum is-"

You took out the earpiece, hearing how he found a jar of some sort, then put the cupcakes to bake and took out the other ones to cool as you started on the frosting, deciding that the dulce de leche cupcakes should be filled with mango and topped with a coconut frosting.

You frosted a cupcake, noticing that more people were opening their shop, seeing Eduardo walk towards his shop, you set up a small box that fit four cupcakes and wrapped it, walking up the escalator to his shop.

You heard screaming and rushed in, leaving the box on the table as you saw a chicken walking around, "Eduardo? Hello?" You heard screaming from the back, "Eddie!" You ran to him

"My eyes!" You held him still, looking at the roof, then back at him, "here."

You helped him get the solid off of his eyes, and then he grabbed his knives and ran to the front of the store, you heard him say something, and then a loud screech.

You walked to the front of the store and helped him up, "was that... a car?"

He looked dazed, "Here, let's get you inside, I'll pick this up, don't worry."

You looked at the large hole in the wall of the mall, seeing them drive away.

-.-

You had picked up the knives and the décor outside of his restaurant, helping him and his chicken get back to normal, taking whatever shards were still there. Eduardo looked at you as you helped Pollíto, feeling something in his chest.

He looked at the box on the table as you went to discard the shards, "So what are you here for at this time?"

You looked at him, "Your order was our first and I decided to start working on prototypes. I thought you could take them home and see what your family thinks of them."

"My son would love these, thank you." You both talked about family and the restaurant.

Your phone fell out of your pocket, and as you bent down to pick it up, Eduardo noticed two things. He coughed and said, "What did you say your last name was?"

You stood up, remembering your tattoo, "I have to get back to my shop-"

Eduardo stood in front of you, holding your hands, "I am not a threat, mi amor. We can be honest with each other. Just tell me everything."

You sighed as he squeezed your hands, and you squeezed back. This was the opening you were looking for, "Y/n Exagerar."

His eyes widened, "You're... that makes sense."

"Why here? Why open a cupcake shop? Not a... boutique?" He looked at you.

"I always wanted a bakery. I have a large sweet tooth. As for location, I had no idea there were other villains in the area. If I had known that someone as magnificent as you were in the area, I doubt I would've settled for this spot." You looked into his eyes, the two of you still holding hands.

He chuckled, "Oy, Bonita, don't leave because of me. You can have good business here, stay. I'll even help you promote."

You smiled, "I couldn't-" He covered your mouth, "I insist."

"If you like, you could come back with me to the shop and work on your cupcakes?" You looked at him scooped up Pollito and walked to the door, "Coming?"

He smiled, closing the door behind you as your phone rang silently in your pocket. Anita is worried about your mental well-being.

-.-

"And Mr. Eagleson?" You sat there as he peeled off the wrapper of another cupcake.

"Floyd? He is a sucker for a good head of hair, so as long as you ask about his decorations and products and be nice, he'll be fairly honest with you." he bit into the cupcake.

"This is the tajin? This is delicious. Do you think you could-" You smiled, "I can make the mango ice pops too. You know if you add a shot of vodka to the glass and use the pops as ice, it is very refreshing."

"I'll think about it. Your kitchen is a bit smaller than mine because of the ovens, but if you ever need extra room, just let me know." He groaned before sitting up, "I need to finish opening up my restaurant, thank you for the desserts, they were lovely, almost as much as talking to you."

You smiled, walking him to the front door, "Of course, my door is open anytime, figuratively, of course."

He chuckled as you bent down to kiss his cheek, "Goodbye Eddie. Goodbye Pollito." You kissed the top of his head too, waving as they left.

Turning off the sensual music from your phone, you read the text,

'Database in sight, we need to talk.'

Don't forget to vote, comment, and/or follow me for more!

Status: Edited {1}