2-8

The hospital was always busy, but today it was busier than usual. People running from place, but one person in particular was running fast.

"I came as soon as I heard! Is she okay?" He rushed in, the three standing to greet him.

"She's stable, but in a lot of pain. The fire took a toll on her." Hex walked by his side as he gently opened the door.

"Y/n?" He pushed his blonde hair back as he slowly approached you, signaling to the others to stay outside.

You hummed as he sat next to you, holding your hand, sending an unfamiliar feeling through your chest. He scooted the chair closer to the hospital bed.

"Y/n, would you like to... accompany me on my business trips? After you've healed of course. I know it's sudden, and you must have a thousand other things on your mind, but I would love to take you to the islands." He looked at his hand where your grip tightened.

"Think of it as a well-deserved vacation. I know you like to work, but you need time off, for yourself." He continued to explain.

"You work so hard, even if no one else sees it, you do. I'm proud to even be your friend, I see how hard you work, so, please. Take a break. If not for yourself, then for me." He squeezed back, noticing your expression changed.

"I think a break would do me good." He smiled as he held your hands.

-.-

Their wedding came surprisingly quickly, it only took them 147 dates in three months. You hardly ever saw Gru then, only when you went to pick up the girls if the other three were unavailable.

It took two months in the hospital and therapy for you to get back to normal, so your group would often pick them up and help you out, seeing as you couldn't do much.

You looked in the mirror, fixing your hair as Gru walked out, seeing you in a white dress, "wow... you look... gorgeous."

He slipped a ruby rose into his breast pocket, holding his tie he asked, "Do you think..."

You helped him with his green bowtie, adjusting the collar, "You know, I used to dream that this would be us one day."

You laughed, fixing his handkerchief you listened, "I did too," he laughed, "I had the biggest crush on you for years."

You stood there, "Why did it stop? You knew that I had interest."

He looked out of the tent, "I was told I wasn't good enough for you and that you wouldn't want me."

You slipped the handkerchief into his breast pocket, "You were but," you took out the rose, and switched it with a small blue flower, "I finally learned where I placed your life and it took my life being on the line to see it. I do love you, but I would rather see you happy and be with someone who prioritizes my safety."

You walked to the tent entrance, "I'm going on a vacation for a few months, so you and the girls can adjust to Lucy."

You walked out of the room, going to sit next to your girls as Gru's mother and Dr. Nefario then made conversation. You turned to see Anita scowl as the older lady held the doctor's attention.

Xiao giggled as Tasha poked her side, "Shush."

Anita glared at both of them, "You two suck, you know that."

A minion started singing as Gru and Lucy started dancing in the middle.

"I've never seen a bride request that all her guests wear white on her wedding day." You held your wine glass.

Natasha looked over, "Maybe she wanted everyone to feel special?"

Xiao snickered, "Or maybe she knew white wasn't her color."

Anita sighed, "I wish I wore color as a protest."

You shook your head, "All in due time." The couple dipped and struggled to kiss as the four of you made a face.

"Excuse me?" You turned to see Agnes standing at the table, "Uhm, excuse me, everybody?"

She was quiet and the on person who noticed besides yourself was Margo. You motioned, and she handed you her empty glass. You tapped the side of the glass with a knife.

They all turned towards your table, "Uhm, Hi, everybody, I would like to make some toast. Uhm, she kisses my boo-boos, she braids my hair. We love you mothers, everywhere. And my new mom Lucy is beyond compare."

Your smile faltered as Lucy came forward to hug Agnes. You took a drink, your red lipstick sticking to the cup. The other two ran up to their father as the music became louder.

You locked eyes with Silas Ramsbottom, giving him a signature smile as something clicked in his brain. Looking back at your girls, "Say, how about we have a bit of fun with the AVL?"

You watched as they took photos without you, standing, you grabbed a slice of cake and made your exit. Your best friends following you out.

-.-

"So. Ms. Y/n, have you thought about our offer?" Silas sat in front of you as you sat there, drinking tea.

"I have, and I must refuse. I apologize, but I am already busy taking over the world one heart at a time." You chuckled, standing and slipping on your red overcoat.

"So I wasn't imagining things was I, Red Whisper?" He watched as you applied another coat of lipstick in your compact mirror.

"I don't know." You turned, "Were you?"

The screens in the AVL started flashing as different select villains were being deleted in the database, the flashing lights continued for dramatic effect as you threw your compact mirror on his desk, and fumes quickly filled the room as you left.

"Thanks for the hospitality though, I'll try to keep in touch." You laughed, jumping on the speed boat.

"That hazing smoke worked like a charm Xiao." You sat back, looking at the ocean.

"Who's ready for vacation!" You yelled as the girls threw their hands in the air, laughing with you.

It was time you had a break. After all, you deserve it.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and/or follow me for more!

Status: Edited {1}