Dance With Me

Naomi
   It's been two days since I last saw Nicholas and he's already making moves although I can't believe he invited me to his house. I wasn't expecting that as his first move but it seems logical, I guess but then again how's he going to impress me.

     I decide to dress elegant yet casual by wearing a black off shoulder shirt sleeve crop top, a long high slit floral skirt, with a coat on top to keep me safe from the autumn weather. I'm about to leave when I remember the necklace Nicholas got me got me.

    I take it from my vanity and put it on. Somehow the necklace goes with everything. Before leaving I take my Mercedes keys.

On my way out I find my mother standing by the door on a call with someone.

    She's all dolled up in a red maxi spaghetti strap dress and she has her hair in it's natural curly form, she even did her makeup giving herself a bold look.

    I stand staring at her, wondering where she's off to dressed like that.

     She looks up at me after ending the call. She has a guilty look etched on her face and she doesn't defend herself instead she turns to me. "Your father will be coming home early today, you must not stay out late." Then she turns around and walks out of the house.

    Father? Home today? That doesn't make sense, hes supposed to be on a business trip in Dubai. A wave of fear suddenly washes over me but I shake it off. I'm not about to let him rule over my life again. 

                                       ****
    When I walk into the lobby he's there waiting for me dressed in a jet black T-shirt tucked into grey dress plants.

    He approaches me taking my hand and kissing it. I flinch a bit but I allow it. This time I'm not drunk and my emotions are in check.

"Did I make you wait too long?" I ask giving him a small smile.

He chuckles. "Not at all, I'd wait for you till the end of time if I had to princess."

    If this is how the rest of my life is going to be like then so be it. We step into the elevator and I try not to make things awkward. 

   He stares at me and his eyes wander lower but they stop at my necklace. A smile etches his face. I guess this necklace does mean a lot to him after all.

"I'm surprised you invited me over, for your first move I was expecting something bigger." I say trying to create conversation which I find harder than anticipated with the awkward atmosphere.

He smiles "I want to do something more meaningful, so you can get to know the real me, all over again."

"So, what do you have planned?" 

"You'll see."

    With that the elevator opens and holds my hand making my heart flutter. He then walks me to his penthouse, taking my coat off for me.

"Make yourself at home, I'll be right back."

    I nod. I wonder if he meant that literally, considering how this is where I will be living a week and some days from now.

   I look around until I found a balcony with a city scape. The view is breathtaking, I can definitely get use to this.

The city is bustling at night, the sky also looks darker not a star in sight. Oh that was poetic.

"The view's nice isn't it."

I look behind to find Nicholas leaning on the door way and staring at me with a gleam in his eyes. "Yes, the view is wonderful."

He smiles and gazes out at the lights too.

"I'm glad you like it here, it will be your home soon. Anyways, are you hungry princess?" He asks.

     Per habit I didn't eat anything again this morning and for lunch all I had was yoghurt even though he texted me as a reminder.

  I can't tell if I'm too lazy to make myself something or if I have an eating disorder.

"Yes, I'm starving." I reply.

   He raises an eyebrow in concern. "Did you eat when I reminded you to."

   Do I lie or do I just tell him plainly that food is the last of my worries.

"I did but it wasn't enough.

"Great then, I have something prepared."

  He's about to lead me inside but it starts raining suddenly. Nicholas stops in his tracks as I stare at the rain. "Naomi, what are you thinking?"

      When I was a kid I was never allowed me to play in the rain like other children. Well by parents mostly my mother, since my father was never around enough to care. I never got to experience the joy of wearing my raincoat and boots to jump in the rain. Even as an adult, I never got the chance, always being too busy to enjoy the little pleasures of life.

    Not anymore though. I'm going to live the way I've always wanted to. Before Nicholas can say anything I run inside as if I'm not wearing heels and head for the pool area, where the rain reaches.

     I takes of my heels and throw them at the door and start jumping in the blissful feeling of the rain hitting my skin. Nicholas stands by the door watching me in amusement with a hint of concern.

"Aren't you going to come inside now? You'll catch a cold!" He yells over the sound of the rain after a bit.

At that point I stop jumping and look at him with a cheeky grin. "Come dance with me."

He puts his hands before him and shakes them. "No I don't think I can do that princess-"

"I won't ask again!" At that I start twirling under the rain, my hair now soaking wet and cover my eyes slightly, my clothes sticking to my body."

"Fine." Nicholas steps into the rain grabbing my hand and pulling me close. "After all why miss a chance to dance with my princess."

     As the rain pours down around us, a sense of freedom washes over me. I lean into Nicholas' embrace, feeling the warmth of his arms around me. We started to move together, our feet gliding across the wet ground in a slow and gentle dance.

     Nicholas's shirt starts to cling to his chest, emphasizing the contours of his muscles beneath. His hair is drenched and dripping with raindrops, making him look like a Greek god come to life.

     We dance, our bodies move in perfect synchronicity, like two dancers who have rehearsed for years. We sway and twirl in time with the rhythm of the rain and the world around us. I've never felt more alive.

     The rain stops eventually and pulls me in for a passionate, wet kiss. Oh... this feels like a scene from dirty dancing.

       We pull apart and I find Nicholas staring at me with such affection and a smirk on his face. "You know I've never done that before."

      I shrug and smile. "Neither have I." His smile widen, he takes my hand and kisses my knuckles.

"I'm happy to be your first." My heart skips a beat at how hot he looks drenched and saying words like that. Now I'm wetter than I was before.

       Suddenly Nicholas picks me up bridal style making me squeal in surprise. "Now let's go get changed before we catch a cold."

       He starts walking inside with me and I almost start getting comfortable when I remember I don't have clothes to change into. "I have nothing to change into though."

"No problem, you can just wear my clothes."