Natasha

Naomi
I'm given water to drink as I get ready to talk to Nicholas. He sits next to me and puts his whiskey in the glass coffee table in front of the couch.

"So what is it that you want to know?" He asks.

I don't even think when I answer. "Everything, tell me everything."

He thinks before starting. "Your mother is the daughter of the infamous mafia leader, Frank Baker. His empire spans across various countries, dealing in guns, drugs, human trafficking, and more. I could go on and on but to get to the point, it's a powerful family that has killed people and destroyed countless lives,"

    There's that feeling again. Like my heart being squeezed. Every time I try to escape this darkness, I lose hold of the rope and fall back in.

     He takes a sip of his whiskey, "your mother was groomed by her father into taking over his legacy but she fought for a different one because of her love for your father."

I'm hardly breathing. Oh God, I was supposed to be a mafia princess. Oh God.

     Nicholas squeezes my hand to calm me down, as he senses my torment. "The Baker family has a lot of rivals, but their biggest was conflict with is the Duvanches, I hope you can see where this is going." No I cannot see where this is going, I can hardly breath, slow down!

"At the time the Duvanches were extremely strong, even for the Bakers. So recently they came to decision to create an alliance one that would join give them power for years to come. The Bakers joined up with the Azers."

He pauses and caress my cheek, looking into my eyes. "The real reason we're getting married is because of this alliance and it was all planned by your mother...and I. The business partnership was just a cover up for the real reason and of course your father believed and let it happen."

I pull my hand back from his in complete shock. "You can't just tell me this and expect me to go forth with this marriage."

He shakes his head, "there's more..."

I feel my body tense "what more can there possibly be?"

"Once you marry me, you'll be part of the mafia, but you won't have to do anything you don't want to, that much I can promise you. So don't say you won't give me a chance anymore. I only want to love and protect you, I won't hurt you like how I did before or like how your parents did, so please stay with me."

      How am I supposed to trust and love him, if he kept all this from me not to mention he's a murderer?

    Now that my father is in jail there will be no reason for people not to come at me now. If anything happens Nicholas is the only one that can protect me. What girl doesn't like a man that will kill for her?

      With the way I'm lying to myself I might as well just go on with this marriage, cause why should I try so hard to convince myself?

      I sigh and put on a smile. "I'm not going to leave you Nicholas, I'm already way too involved besides I might have fallen for you."

His eyes widen and he grins. "Really?"

I smile back and nod. "Yes really."

      I'm suddenly pulled into his arms as he kisses me with utmost passion. The way he pulls me close as if wanting to absorb me. His tongue dances with mine and my fingers tangle in his hair. His hand slides under my shirt caressing my skin and sending tingles down my spine.

       I moan softly, my heart beating faster with every touch. As he pulls me closer, his breath hot on her neck, his other hand moves to lift my shirt but I stop him, breaking our kiss.

      I find myself breathless, him too but he has a hungry look of desire and lust in his eyes.

      I shake my head, not being ready. I know I've slept with him before but I was drunk this is different, im sober and unsure.

       He nods accepting my decision. We sit in awkward silence when his phone rings. He answers it immediately and I listen as he talks to the person.

      My eyes go wide when I hear him speaking rapid Italian, what the hell have I gotten myself into, at this point I don't even know him and he use to be my best friend now my fiance. Am I that clueless.

      He ends the call with a smile. "Everything has been handled, your fathers trial will be in a week."