Chapter-23

Author's pov

Inaya sat the on sofa sighing sadly as she has to go to her office today, even though she tried to take leave and left an email to her manager but her boss straight away refused and didn't accepted her leave application. She has already took too much leaves, at first she got sick and then izzah's wedding happened so she couldn't take leaves nowadays. She even tried to give the genuine reason of her best friend getting into an accident but her boss was a real ass.

She sighed and then was going to take her bag and leave but that time, her phone buzzed and she saw reyan calling her. She hesitated at first but then decided to pick up the call, What if he wanted to tell something about Izzah? She wondered but her brain was somewhere else, Are you sure that you just want him to talk about Izzah? She brushed her stupid thoughts away and picked up the call before it disconnects.

"Hey, Inaya" He spoke in his husky and manly voice which nowadays is giving her another feeling, giving her butterflies and intoxicating her.

"H-hey, Reyan" Inaya stuttered with the intensity, Even his faint breaths were doing something to her.

"So, You're coming to the hospital? You want me to come and pick you up?" he spoke in his usual cheerful voice, she immediately got an instant smile, but sighed sadly.

"No reyan, I can't come today. I have to go the the office today, Maybe I'll directly come to the hospital after office. It'll be fine right?" Inaya spoke, he was confused now. She was never like this and can never be like this, Inaya was the most sensitive girl he ever saw, her bestfriend is in the hospital and she is going to office. There must be some issue, He thought.

"Is there any issue, Inaya? I know you and you will never go to office if your best friend is on hospital bed, There must be some issue. Tell me? Maybe I can help you with something" Reyan spoke gently, she was in awe. How much can this guy melt her with these cute gestures?

"No it's just my boss refused to give me leaves, I emailed my manager but he straight away refused and didn't accepted my leave application. So I can't come right now, I'll come after the office ends" She spoke sadly, her tone hurted reyan. She so wanted to go to hospital right now and her deliberately going to office even though she didn't wanted to somehow infuriated reyan.

"Oh It's okay Inaya, don't feel sad about this okay" He spoke, he couldn't speak much as obviously it was her job.

"Hm I told you, you couldn't help me in this. Anyways I'll leave for the office now, Please say sorry to Izzah from my side. Bye" She spoke and then disconnected the call.

She took her bag, locked her home and then left for her office on her scooty. It almost took her 20 minutes to reach to her office as it was in another metro station. She reached to her office, parking the scooty, she entered in her office. As she came on the floor, she heard some hushed whispers and everyone talking in groups, she got confused.

"Hey geet, what's happening? Is everything alright?" She spoke to her office friend who was standing beside her table.

"Hey Inaya, You know what happened? Some guy came to the office and entered in the boss's cabin without anyone's permission like he owns the place. Who has the audacity to enter in that old hag's (their boss) cabin, It was so surprising" Geet spoke with her usual gossiping tone, Inaya raised her eyebrows.

"Who's this guy? I mean no one has the audacity to enter in that rude ass's cabin. Let's see" Inaya spoke shrugging off her shoulder, Someone entered in the scene.

"Miss Inaya Azhar, Sir is calling you in his cabin" The worker spoke, Inaya narrowed her eyebrows. Geet and some other employees looked at her with raised eyebrows and questioning gazes.