final ending: chasing that dream

a/n: this is the final chapter! enjoy

you were sitting on your couch after getting back from seeing draken with mikey a few hours previously. you laid back, staring off into space as you thought about what mikey said on the way home.

"he loves you, you know."

maybe there was some truth to what he was saying.

and maybe you saw it too, but you were too afraid of being wrong to let yourself think so. because if you were being honest, you wouldn't have been able to take it if you were wrong.

you liked him a lot, and you were finally allowing yourself to admit it.

you had hung out a lot over the past few weeks. it was so consistent that almost every night when mikey wasn't coming to cuddle, you were with him. you didn't even entertain sleeping with anyone else. you only wanted to give him your best, hoping that he would do the same.

and even though he told you he liked you, you didn't want just him to like you. like him, you were greedy.

you didn't want to settle for anything less than him being full blown in love, or at least be on his way to that feeling.

hmm.. but it took him a while to even say he liked me in the first place. you thought. and sometimes it's like he's waiting for me to make the first move....

he did like to play hard to get, but maybe he really was just waiting for whenever you were ready and had arrived at that step far before it ever crossed your mind.

now that you thought about it, you were always behind him.

alright... if i feel certain about it, i'll just tell him how i feel. you decided, standing up from your couch and going back to your room.

even though he wasn't coming to get you for another couple of hours, you started to get ready for the night ahead. he said it would be a night of dinner and dancing, so you put on a sexy but still slightly classy midi dress, some heels, and dangly earrings.

as you finished getting ready, you heard a knock on the door. glancing at the clock in the kitchen, you noticed it was 7.

he was right on time.

you rushed over to open your door, feeling a little nervous yet excited. your face lit up when you saw him on the other side of the door. he was wearing a turtleneck with a jacket and some fitted pants, looking as sexy as ever. and in his arms, he held a bouquet of flowers.

"hey baby." rindou said, smiling down at you and offering the bouquet to you. "these are for you."

you looked down at the flowers, your hand going to cover your mouth as you stared at them.

the arrangement was beautiful, deep pinks and purples pairing so nicely together with luscious greenery in contrast to them.

"a-uh.. thank you, rin. these are beautiful." you somehow wore an even bigger smile as you accepted them gratefully. "and you look handsome, by the way."

"thanks. i picked it out myself." he chuckled.

"let me go put them in a vase." you said, taking off your shoes and going to your kitchen to get a vase out.

rindou came in behind you, smiling as he looked around the apartment.

"wow, you even have pictures hanging on the walls now. did you hang these up today?" he noticed.

"i hung them up yesterday actually, but you may have been a little preoccupied to notice last night." you teased.

he hummed in response, studying a picture of you from when you were younger.