6: playing dumb

sanzu didn't let go of your arm even when you two exited the room and waited for the elevator. he pressed the button to call the elevator, and you pulled your arm away from him. he turned to give you a dirty look, but you just looked away.

the elevator came moments later, and you and sanzu entered. he pressed a number for the floor he lived on.

once the elevator doors closed, sanzu took the opportunity to continue his interrogation from earlier that morning.

"do you throw yourself at every guy you meet?" he scoffed.

"excuse me?" you blinked, flickering your gaze over at him. of course, he was glaring at you.

"don't play dumb with me. i saw you flirting with ran and rindou."

why couldn't i have to stay with somebody else? you hadn't even stepped foot in his apartment and the man was already insulting you. you tried to not let it get to you, but sanzu was making it difficult.

"ran and i were just talking. rindou was ignoring me." you told him flatly.

"i didn't think you would be such a whore." sanzu spat.

you felt anger flare up in your gut. you reminded yourself he just wanted a reaction out of you. you also didn't need the approval of some random guy who looked like he was cosplaying an edgy my little pony character.

"what happened with you and mikey while i was gone?" he demanded.

what happened?

your cheeks burned as you remembered the intimate moment you shared with mikey. hopefully it wasn't too noticeable to sanzu.

"what are you talking about?" you asked. you knew if you straight out lied it definitely would not be convincing.

"you two were alone for a long time. what did you do to him?"

you sighed and turned to look ahead of you again. the man was relentless.

you suddenly felt a hard push against your chest, your back hitting the back of the elevator, knocking the wind out of you. sanzu slammed his hands either side of your head.

"answer my fucking question when i speak to you." sanzu growled. he tilted his head down to meet your eye level. "now what happened?"

"n-nothing." you told him, your breath ragged as you tried to catch your breath.

he continued to stare down at you as you added, "if you don't believe me, why don't you just ask him?"

"i did. he said you two had a reallllyyyyyy nice talk."

you blinked.

really? mikey said that?

could this mean he liked you? did you like him? or did you just want him to like you -

wait.

not so fast.

"oh really?" you asked skeptically, cocking your head to the side.