58: we've met before?

a/n: sorry for the extra long chapter!! i also couldn't take looking at everything italicized lol

playlist for the club (link in comments): https://open.spotify.com/playlist/19bEbntf4qYu0iKxBbPiq5?si=2GxLZsMUQnqmD8uNR6VvBA

a few years ago, you were in tokyo.

you sat on the couch in your apartment you shared with your brother. he had just gotten home from his salaryman job, one that you knew he didn't like but did it anyway so you were taken care of.

"what do you want to do tonight?" he asked you, sitting down on the other end of the couch from you.

"hmm, i'm not sure. did you have anything in mind?"

he ruffled his fluffy dark hair and let out a breath.

"honestly? i could use a drink." he answered.

"you can get one, you know that right?" you joked.

"by myself? that would just be sad." he said. "do you want to come with me?"

"to the convenience store to get a drink?" you let out a chuckle. "i'll pass."

"then we can make an event of it. let's go to a club!"

"a... club?" you asked hesitantly.

"have you been to one yet?"

"no, the drinking age is 21 in the US." you reminded him. despite the fact you were about to enter your final year of college, you were still only 20.

"i forgot about that." he remembered. "i guess i didn't go out much."

"so studious." you mocked him playfully, throwing a throw pillow at him as you got up from the couch.

"look who's talking. you're better than i ever was." he laughed, catching the pillow.

you rolled your eyes a little, walking to the back of the couch and reaching down to wrap your arms around him into a hug, resting your head on top of his.

"that's not true. you're so much smarter than me." you said into his hair.

he blushed slightly, always self conscious about his intelligence. before he had the opportunity to refute your claim, you spoke again.

"i'll go get dressed." you said, heading back to your room.

feeling the desire to dress up for once, you opted to do a full face of makeup and paired the look with a mini dress. it was something much more revealing than what you'd normally wear, but you felt good in it.

"okay, where are we going?" you asked your brother, who was dressed by the front door.

your brother looked at your outfit, raising his eyebrows in silent question but you shrugged. it's not like he was your father.

"i heard there's a club in roppongi that's pretty popular." he said. "wanna check it out?"

"sure."

after an uneventful commute to the club, you had to wait in line for 30 minutes before you were let in.

at some point while you waited, you could feel someone looking at you. you glanced around to find the person, but you couldn't find anyone. all you saw was a group of men walking by, skipping the line and going straight to the entrance like they owned the place.

uninterested by that group of people and the people ogling them, you resumed the conversation you were having with your brother.

"try not to get separated from me, okay?" he instructed you as he handed you your first drink for the night. you had finally gotten in a few minutes before, and you were regretting not pregaming.