34: what's not to like

"mikey wants to see you." ran told you.

"oh.." you said, blinking a couple times as you looked down at your half eaten plate of breakfast, suddenly not feeling hungry anymore.

even though ran was nonchalant about it, you still felt nervous about going to see mikey. it's not like you did anything wrong really, but somehow you felt like this wouldn't be a very happy visit.

not that he ever seemed particularly overjoyed by your presence (as far as you knew), but still.

being anxious about it isn't going to help, you reminded yourself. to try and put those thoughts behind you, you focused on finishing breakfast.

but these thoughts kept creeping into the back of your mind.

but what if he's upset about what happened?

what if he blames me for everything?

i guess it's not really my fault, but who knows how he really feels? i still can't get a good read on him.

oh god..

what if he kills me?!

you had finished your plate, so you stood up to go to your room.

"alright. let me go get a sweatshirt and i can go." you said. without another wood or look towards the brothers and retreated back to your room, leaving ran and rindou alone.

"does she really have to go down there? why can't he just come up and see her?" rindou asked, rolling his eyes.

"who knows. it is mikey, after all." ran shrugged.

you emerged from your room, pulling your favorite sweatshirt over your head. you adjusted it to get the perfect oversized look, checking your outfit in the full length mirror. your eyes widened when you saw all the bandages and bruises covering your body. you didn't even have the courage to look last night after you took a shower, so it was the first time you had really looked at yourself.

ran and rindou stared at your form as you walked away and kept your gaze fixed to the ground in front of you, not sparing a glance toward them as you went by.

ran bumped his elbow against his brother, making them exchange a look.

"go with y/n." ran told him. "i'll stay back and do the dishes."

rindou eyed his brother suspiciously before standing up.

"you just want to stay here and look through her underwear drawer."

"what ever gave you that idea?" ran asked, his neutral expression replaced with his lazy grin.

"call it intuition." rindou said.

"i would never do that to y/n. for one, i'm sure she'd give it to me if i asked."

"no she wouldn't -"

"alright, i'll be back." you told them as you slid on your shoes to leave.

"y/n, wait." ran called out, cutting his brother off and making you stop walking.

"what?" you asked, turning from the door and peering back inside to look at the brothers.

"i'll walk you down." rindou said, coming over towards you.

"oh, alright... see you, ran." you smiled and waved at him, to which he just raised his hand goodbye.

as you and rindou got in the elevator to go down, your nervous tendencies were starting to show more. you fidgeted with your fingers and bit your bottom lip while you watched the elevator floor number count down.