Chapter 29

Matteo's POV

I walked past the guards with my boys, one on each side, and headed inside like the proud father I am. I have been going through shit with my dad since he found out about them, but nothing makes my chest swell more with pride than seeing the two exact copies of myself exist.

I could see both of their demeanors instantly change into an expressionless façade as soon as we stepped inside.

I must thank the person who trained my boys. They are way ahead for their age. I was still playing around being a kid at their age, way more than I trained. Daniella and her family did good, and, in the world, we reside it's required.

Their Mom did good.

When we entered the huge dining room, everyone was busy standing around, chatting and drinking some beverages, probably waiting for the rest of the family to arrive before dinner started.

They didn't even notice that we entered until I cleared my throat "good evening family" I said as we stood there, each holding the gifts I bought earlier.

"Aah! Teo! Welcome, welcome. Oh, look at these two handsome boys, Teo" Aunt Paola said while making her way towards us.

All attention was now on us as Dad stood there talking with his brothers and brother's in-laws, who were sitting in the corner loungers. They turned and looked at us as soon as Aunt Paola greeted us.

Dad didn't look happy, but I didn't give a damn.

"Happy birthday Aunt Paola, these are for you" I said, ignoring the daggers my dad was throwing my way. I gave Aunt Paola a hug then handed her the gift.

"Thank you Teo and thank you for bringing the boys" she said the boy's part subtly under her breath so the rest couldn't hear the last part.

She turned her full attention to the boys "hi boys, my name is Aunt Paola. Thank you for attending my birthday dinner" she said while hugging them. I wanted to burst out laughter at their facial expressions, reflecting just how uncomfortable they were.

"Hey Fratello (brother) and hallo my nipotti (nephews), I am your dad's brother, Julian and it's nice to meet you" Julian said as he offered his hand to the boys.

"Nice to meet you" both of them said simultaneously. Julian continued to chat with them while glancing around looking for my sister so that I could introduce her to them.

All the cousins, aunts, nieces and nephews introduced themselves to them and I could see their awkward expressions.

Alessia came walking through the door with my arch nemesis, Emma, and made her way in my direction with a huge smile.

When she reached me, I wrapped her in my arms and gave her a hug "hey, little sis. How have you been?" I asked ruffling her hair. I haven't seen her in a few days due to my falling out with dad and we used to see each other daily.

"Oh, brother bear, I've been good but I'm not here for you" she said while focusing her attention on the boys "hallo nephews" she said while approaching them with her arms out, pushing everyone away from the boys.

"Alessia, you're scaring the boys" Julian said, making the boys chuckle. Julian introduced the boys to Alessia who couldn't get enough of them while my dad stood there staring.

My mom entered and I could hear her dramatic gasp from the doorway "Matteo, oh Matteo" mom said, as she teared up while looking at them.

I knew what that meant. She wanted to be a grandma so bad but she's scared of dad.

"Boys, come meet your grandma" I said.

They walked over in her direction and stood in front of her "hi Grandma" both said.