Chapter 37 - MAYA

"I'm parking here so he can't see us coming up the block. We get in, we get out, and we burn this bitch to the ground." Javi instructed.

We exited the car as we were approached by the other carload of gang members.

This was it. Our final shot at ending this for good.

We made our way around the back of the house where I vaguely remembered a backdoor being that led inside the backside of the house.

Polo helped one of the guys pick the lock while the rest of us waited patiently for the go-ahead to move inside.

After cracking the door, we moved in a single file into the home while two of Polo's guys stayed outside to make sure no one tried to sneak us.

The only place we could hide without being exposed was in the kitchen behind the island. 

It was a wide counter so they shouldn't be able to see us.

Me, Javi, and Rafael moved into the kitchen while D5 and Polo made a clean escape down the hallway on the lower level.

As we patiently waited for a chance to make a move, I paid attention to our environment.

The living room was lit up and we could hear commotion coming from across the room.

Chances were they were watching TV so they were way too wrapped up in the TV to notice the backdoor creak open. 

As cheers erupted from the living room, one raspy voice stood out from the rest.

"Them Chicago niggas trash as fuck, word to my mama. I'm finna grab another beer, anybody want one?"

Various responses were heard as the singular individual strolled into the kitchen and began rummaging through the fridge.

"Steppin' in blood with these thugs and I can't panic. Yeah, we knocked him off, nigga, what? They gotta hand it-"

He was mumbling rap lyrics as he grabbed a bag of chips from the island we were hiding behind.

Oblivious to our location, he went back to the fridge to retrieve something else and that's when our scheme fell into motion.

Javier crept up behind the shorter Mafia member and began choking him out. 

I kept my eyes on the narrow entrance to the kitchen, keeping an eye out.

The last thing we needed was a goddamn hero.

After realizing his choke-hold wasn't doing the trick, Javi huffed and jolted the guys head upward. All that could be heard was a muffled snap as the Mafia member went limp.

He was dead.

Javi dragged his body into the pantry and closed the door, leaving him for dead. Rafael beckoned for us to follow him as we drew our weapons.

We slowly maneuvered through the dining room until we were finally able to see the entire party going on.

Just as I suspected, there were about six guys standing around watching football on the large flat screen TV. 

A few others were rolling up on the coffee table which indicated they were either under the influence or about to be.

"Oh shit! This the last drive B, we tied up."

"On my kids Jones better make this fucking touchdown," another grumbled. "I ain't tryna pay that bitch nigga on the East side no bread."

The game seemed to get more intense as they gathered around the screen in anticipation, locking arms and hitting each other's chest in excitement occasionally.