Chapter 13 - NIA

Next Day
2:12 PM

"Hang on, you're telling me that he was really yelling at y'all?"

"Bro yes! Literally hollering because him and his ugly ass wife wanted our course, so I got in his face. After like a minute or two, Mila managed to pull me away so we moved to another course."

"Damn, she really saved your ass." I stated while munching on my Chipotle bowl. "You could've gotten arrested."

"Doubt it."

"Nah you have to pay attention to shit like that Maya. Shits not like it was before, you're not that hotheaded high school baller anymore. You can't go around putting your hands on everybody."

"I know."

"Alright. I just don't want you to get into any legal trouble."

"Yeah, I get it. I'll be more careful." I nodded and continued to eat.

"So other than that, how'd the date go?"

"I lost a bet. She won our mini-golf series so she's got three wishes."

I scoffed, "I didn't pin you as a genie but I'll take it."

"Watch it," She warned playfully, "but the night was cool as hell. We talked and cleared the air about a lot of stuff."

"Stuff? What kind of stuff?"

"Stuff like her being into me. Me being into her. What that means for us, that type of stuff."

I sat up tall on the couch, ready to hear all the juicy details about their date.

"Oh my gosh it happened, so what went down? What did she say?"

"Well she said she's been into me and that she just wanted to avoid another heart break and shit. It was a lot. But she confessed that she was in love with me and I told her I felt the same way."

"Damn. I can't believe y'all finally buried the hatchet and told each other the truth. Man, this has been a journey."

"Tell me about it. I'm just glad we could clear the air, this was my last shot at trying to get her and now I think it's finally working."

"Alright now here comes the grand question."

"What's that?" Maya asked while eating some of her nachos.

"What about Dinah?"

She went into a coughing fit when I mentioned her name. Honestly, I had forgotten all about Dinah at that moment since I haven't seen her in so long.

Maya could deny it all she wanted, but I knew that her heart was secretly with both of them.

"What about her?"

I smacked my teeth, "Don't bullshit me Maya. Y'all were kicking it before you left and I'm pretty sure y'all have been kicking it since you've been back."

"Come on bro," she giggled nervously. "Me and Dinah aren't like that."

"So you're going to sit here and lie to me and deny y'all were sleeping together in Aunt Linda's house?"

"Shhhhh!" She whispered, looking at the stairs to see if her mom was around. "Tone it down Nia. My mom doesn't know about me and her. She thinks we're just friends."

"Ah-ha! So y'all are still fucking around. When are you going to realize that you can't keep stringing each other along? Now you and Mila are confessing y'all love for each other? What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"I don't know!" Maya whisper-yelled. "I'm trying to figure it all out. Shits confusing for me, I don't know what's going on."

"Yes you do. You're in love with two women at the same time. I mean I get it but you can't be. You have to make a choice."