Chapter 24 - MAYA

"You're so full of shit. None of this had to escalate and yet here you are still starting shit."

"Dinah you started shit with us. What's gotten into you bro? You've never been on bullshit like this before."

"Please like you care." I opened my mouth but closed it, knowing that the conversation that needed to be had couldn't happen in this room right now. "Oh, oh, that's what I thought. Classic Maya."

The bathroom door swung open as Nia and Ryan came out, looks like they finally decided to stop fighting each other.

"What'd we miss." Nia sighed.

"A whole bunch of shit."

"Don't speak for me." Dinah explained. "There's no problem except for your best friend is the same person she was four years ago. A self-centered little girl who's only concerned about herself."

I threw my hands up in defense, confused as to why she was going in on me so hard tonight.

"I'm self-centered but I just put my life on the line to defend you and Adri. So selfish of me," I mumbled sarcastically.

"Maya you know you're selfish and you can't change that."

"Why the hell- ayo you should've stayed home if all you were going to do was start shit."

"Finally! Something we can agree on."

"Seriously Dinah, why didn't you just stay home if you were just going to be pissed the entire trip." Dakota said. "No offense to you but you've been weird with everybody since day one and I barely know who you are."

"I was supposed to stay home but she knows exactly why I'm stuck here with y'all. Isn't that right?" She expressed, flashing a fake smile.

"Not in the slightest."

"Maya you can deflect all you want but we both know why I'm here."

"Are you fucking drunk or just delusional? Which is it?" I asked. After analyzing her face, I realized that it was both. "Holy shit. You're drunk."

"I'm not."

"Yes you are. Dinah you've been spazzing out this entire time because you're drunk. Admit it."

"I'm not admitting shit. I'm not the one in here who needs to admit anything."

Silence filled the air as the crew looked at each other, seeing which one of us was the one with a secret to tell. I glared at her, knowing that she was about to get reckless.

"Alright, you've had your fun. Let's just call it a night. We don't have to go off the deep end."

"I want to go off the deep end," she mocked, "in fact I want to go all the way. What do you say Maya?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Right, I forgot you're so used to walking all over people that it really doesn't faze you anymore does it? Huh. How convenient."

"What's your problem with me Dinah? You've been on my ass since we got back here."

"You now exactly why I'm pissed Maya....."

The room was filled with silence and tension. I knew that Dinah was upset with me before but this, this seemed personal.

"Wait a minute.....are you pissed because I didn't choose you?"

Nia's eyes got wide as she looked between the two of us, my best friend knew that I was about to take it there with Dinah and that I didn't care anymore.