Echidna the anteater! ... Ah sorry wrong animal!

Tyrant sea god scowls,

My haiku did not impress,

Echidna appears.

***

Rhea snapped her eyes open to be welcomed with the familiar white ceiling of Poseidonas' Library, her eye twitched.

"Another nightmare thank Kronos I appreciate it very much," Rhea said sarcastically. "Fuck you I won't help, you son of a fucking cunt."

Poseidonas scoffed. "The filthy Satyr is calling you."

"He's not filthy." Rhea frowned.

"It's revolting."

Rhea deadpanned before she sent her consciousness outside, this time she opened her eyes to see Grover's face.

"Sup."

"She lives !" Annabeth said. "You slept long enough for me to cook breakfast." Annabeth tossed her a bag of nacho-flavored corn chips from Aunty Em's snack bar. "And Grover went exploring. Look, he found a friend."

Grover was sitting cross-legged on a blanket with something fuzzy in his lap, a dirty, unnaturally pink poodle.

The poodle yapped at Rhea suspiciously. Grover said, "No, she's not."

Rhea sneered at it. "What is this thing doing here ?"

The poodle growled.

"This thing," Grover warned, "is our ticket west. Be nice to him."

"We have enough money throw that thing away !"

Grover ignored the question. "Rhea, meet Gladiola. Gladiola, Rhea."

Rhea stared at Annabeth who let out a 'hem-hem', the daughter of the sea knew what Annabeth wanted her to do, and she refused.

"I'm not saying hello to a pink poodle," Rhea said. "Forget it."

"Rhea," Annabeth said. "I said hello to the poodle. You say hello to the poodle."

The poodle growled and Rhea full on glared full-on while looking down at it, she looked downright intimidating, the poodle's ears flattened on his head and he ran behind Grover to hide while whimpering his tail between his legs.

"That was I thought filthy mutt." Rhea glared at the dog still. "I fucking hate dogs, I'm more of a cat person."

"Rhea that wasn't nice !" Annabeth frowned.

"I am not sorry, I love all animals BUT dogs," Rhea said.

Grover explained that he'd come across Gladiola in the woods, and they'd struck up a conversation. The poodle had run away from a rich local family, who'd posted a $200 reward for his return. Gladiola didn't really want to go back to his family, but he was willing to if it meant helping Grover.

"How does Gladiola know about the reward?" Rhea asked. "Wait, don't answer that, he read the signs, duh, of course, silly me."

Grover gave her a blank look. "Never steal the words from my mouth ... it's creepy."

Rhea grinned.

"So we turn in Gladiola," Annabeth explained in her best strategy voice, "we get money, and we buy tickets to Los Angeles. Simple."