Getting things straight with Annabeth and like I said Zeus is an IDIOT!

Child of Athena,

Our parents' feud should not define us,

Be your own person.

***

Their departure was accompanied by little fanfare.

It was still early in the morning, and while the sun was seemingly shining brightly, the atmosphere in the camp was solemn.

Once it became known that a quest was issued – the gazes turned from the previous uncertainty to other emotions. Envy, sympathy, encouragement, to even the few pitying gazes – but regardless of their wariness of Rhea, many campers she had been friendly with (mostly Apollo kids), still came to wish their group the best of luck.

Annabeth and Grover both stood beside her, as Chiron saw them off.

The centaur looked tired but determined as he stood before them, Argus with his many eyes beside him. The head of security wore a chauffeur uniform and was their driver for the first part of their quest.

''He's going to keep an eye – or several – out to look after you guys.'' Chiron joked half-heartedly.

Rhea rolled her eyes at the joke.

Her bag pack contained some spare clothes, other necessities, some golden drachmas from the Camp, the money she saved for months, as well as enough nectar and ambrosia.

Rhea was not surprised when she saw Luke run towards them hastily, a pair of basketball shoes clutched tightly in his hands.

''Hey!'' He panted, ''Glad I still caught you guys.''

Rhea smiled. "How can I help you ?" She said.

"I just wanted to wish you guys luck... I thought you might need these.'' Luke explained hesitantly, handing over the sneakers to her.

''Thanks, Luke.'' Rhea smiled politely. "But you know child of Poseidon and flying don't mix." She laughed as she gave the sneakers to Grover who shouted awesome once he got them.

Luka smiled strangely. It was a mixture of pride and bitterness, contorting his features into something nearly unnatural. ''Those served me well when I was on my quest. Gift from Dad...''

This time the bitterness was unmistakable.

''Well, a lot of hopes are riding on you guys... So just kill off some monsters for me, will ya?'' Luke said.

"Sure."

"Well then bye guys !"

Rhea turned around to see Grover awkwardly flying with the shoes.

"Practice," Chiron called after him. "You just need practice!"

"AAAAAAH !" Grover went flying sideways down the hill like a possessed lawn mower, heading toward the van.

*TANG*

Rhea grimaced. "Oooh, there goes his head."

Before she could leave, Chiron caught stopped her. "I should have trained you better, Rhea," he said. "If only I had more time. Hercules, Jason—they all got more training."

Trust me no amount of your training will prepare me like Poseidonas training did. Rhea thought. Good intentions tho, I respect that.

"What am I thinking?" Chiron cried. "I can't let you get away without this."