Lightning Thief Start! I killed my Fury teacher!

School is such a bore.

Just to remind you, Mythology is real.

Furies hunt me down.

***

You know the worst thing about this new school year? One of your teachers is a fury who is trying to kill you.

And you know what else is worse? Being on the same bus as Jessica Martini, now that girl is one of the mortals she wouldn't mind drowning.

If you're asking, Jessica is this bully in her class who thinks she's the big deal, last time she sent her brother and his goons at Rhea, only for the daughter of Poseidon to beat the shit out of them.

She threw Jessica in the shark tank once when they went to the Aquarium, unfortunately, they couldn't bite her since guards saved Jessica before a shark could take a bite.

Bummer.

Fortunately, Jessica got detention, and no one suspected that Rhea pushed her into the giant tank.

UNFORTUNATELY...Once that stupid Fury came to school, she decided that Jessica was an angel and Rhea was the devil incarnated... ok maybe Alecto wasn't wrong on that one, Rhea has this crazy homicidal rage from time to time but that's it, it's not THAT bad.....kinda.

Jessica threw a paper at Grover's head and Rhea glared at the girl.

Grover was an easy target. He was scrawny. He cried when he got frustrated. He must've been held back several grades because he was the only sixth grader with acne and the start of a wispy beard on his chin. On top of all that, he was crippled.

He had a note excusing him from PE for the rest of his life because he had some kind of muscular disease in his legs. He walked funny like every step hurt him, but don't let that fool you. You should've seen him run when it was enchilada day in the cafeteria.

Rhea knew who he was -for reasons-, he did not approach her, it was the other way around, honestly, he was stalking her at first and she confronted him.

Poseidonas did suggest killing him once, but she ignored that, it was something about how satyrs are filth, and she did not pay attention to his insults.

"You throw another paper and I swear I'm going punch you." Rhea threatened.

Jessica stopped after that, she knew Rhea wasn't playing, and she did not want to get punched again.

Chiron ... ah sorry, Mr. Brunner led the museum tour.

He rode up front in his wheelchair, guiding them through the big echoey galleries, past marble statues and glass cases full of really old black and orange pottery.

He gathered them around a thirteen-foot-tall stone column with a big sphinx on the top and started telling them how it was a grave marker, a Stele, for a girl about their age. He told them about the carvings on the sides.

Rhea ignored Mrs. Dodds, who was giving her the evil eye.

"Miss Jackson," Mr. Brunner said, "Are you listening ?"

Rhea blinked. "...sorry ?"

"Alright then... " Mr. Brunner pointed to one of the pictures on the stele. "Perhaps you'll tell us what this picture represents?"