Warmth ~ Ch53

Author-san whispers : This double update is dedicated to the lovely lovely person that would like AT LEAST 30 chapters a day. I'm sorry, for today I can only give you two :) Love you.

(Y/n)'s Point Of View

I woke up gasping for breath, lurching out of bed as I gripped onto my chest. I heaved loudly as my eyes flickered from left to right, looking around the east wing main hall. I was alone. My father wasn't here. He was dead. He couldn't hurt me now- and in return I couldn't him. I wiped the tears from my cheeks as I tried to calm myself down, for some reason unable to stop my hands from shaking.

The fear that I was feeling was overwhelming, the nightmare after shockes taking their time to fade away. My eyes widened in realisation when I remembered that Sukuna's staff were all probably feeling the same- but worse. I wasn't sure how I made it back to Sukuna's temple but I knew now that I needed to leave again. My period pain had died down but my fear was just as dangerous.

I scrambled out of bed, quickly checking bedding and finding myself relieved that there were not any stains. I then stood up and hurried out of the east wing. In order to leave, I needed to find Sukuna. He would surely punish me if I left them temple without his permission- but then again, he may just as well punish me anyway for lying to him this morning in order to leave. Either way, I needed to find Sukuna.

It was dark in the temple, telling me that it was somewhere between midnight and early morning. So my best guess to find Sukuna was in the north wing. By now, he'd probably be in bed. The only problem was that I'd never been to Sukuna's private chambers and therefore had no idea where they were within the bounds of the north wing. Normally, I'd feel nervous to find Sukuna when he was in such a private room. But he'd already told me that I needed to find him when I wanted to leave- no matter where he was or what time of the day it was. That was the highest form of permission he could have possibly given me. So he wasn't allowed to get mad.

I wiped my fresh tears as I entered the north wing. This part of the temple was better lit, the lanterns still on which suggested that the lord may still be awake. I quietly padded down the hallway, moving past the rooms that I was certain couldn't be his bedroom. It was when I'd gotten to the end of the hallway that I noticed a larger room to my left with large doors that were slightly ajar. There was no light inside other than moonlight that peeked through, making me curious.

I pushed the door open ever so slightly, enough for my head to be able to peep through. I almost immediately found the person I was look for, my eyes connected with a pair of red ones that almost looked as if they were glowing among the darkness in the room.
"I was wondering if you'd be able to find me." The man mused as he rolled closed his scroll that he'd been reading.
"Sukuna..." I whispered as I opened the door wider.

"You knew I was coming?..." I asked him, my voice barely above a whisper. But he heard me. I was confident he heard me.
"I felt your fear." Sukuna hummed, "I had and a feeling you'd come to ask for permission to leave...and the answer is no." His word made my lips part with dissapointment- but mostly fear. If I stayed, people would get hurt- more than they probably already were.
"But-" Sukuna cut me off before I had a chance to ask him to reconsider.

"There are no staff on-site, brat. I've dismissed them all. You may feel your emotions as much as you'd like tonight." Sukuna told me, making me pause. He dismissed his staff...so that I may feel my emotions freely? I looked down at my feet as my lip began to tremble, my eyes brimming with tears. I nodded slowly but did not move. I wasn't sure what to do now. I've never faced my own emotions head-on before- I've always ran away. What do I do?

"What did you use do when you had nightmares- back when you wore those foolish cuffs, I mean?" Sukuna suddenly asked, seeming to sense my disarray.
"I...I'd climb into my mother's bedding and sleep beside her. We'd sleep in close proximity to remind ourselves what was real...we chased the warmth of eachother and it was that warmth that was reality." I whispered weakly, "But now...she is dead. And the only warmth I can chase is that of the sun...but even then, my Lord, the sun leaves me when I need it most."

"Don't call me that." Sukuna grumbled, making me look up with realisation, having said 'my Lord'.
"Sorry, Sukuna." I apologised softly, "And I'm sorry for bothering you, I'll leave you to rest in peace now." I then turned on my heel and made my way through the open door, planning to go right back to the east wing where I'd bundle myself in blankets and wait for the sun to rise and soak me in her rays.

"The floor." Sukuna suddenly said, making me pause mid-step. I tinred to face him with furrowed brows.
"W-what?" I asked him baffledly.
"You may retrieve a blanket and sleep beside my bed on the floor." Sukuna then told me, his features inscrutable. I couldn't tell if he was just joking or not.
"R-really?" I asked him weakly.
"Hurry up, before I change my mind." Sukuna snapped, making me smile happily. So he wasn't joking.

I quickly turned back to the exit with a smile, now planning to go to retrieve my blanket befire he really did change his mind. But before I could take a step away, I found myself needed to ask him something. I wasn't sure whether the man would give me a straight answer but still, I needed to know.

"Sukuna?" I called out as I looked back at him. The king of curses hummed in response as he used his cursed technique to light a few lanterns around his chambers, allowing me to see it just a little better. And as far as I could tell, he preferred the simplistic style.
"Why are you doing this for me? Any of it- putting up with me- catering to my petty needs...caring for me. I just don't understand what your reasoning could be." I asked him softly, my brows furrowed.

Uraume once said it was because I entertained him, and I agreed. It didn't bother me- and still wouldn't if that's still what I thought it it was. But I don't think it's that anymore- and I was certain Uraume didn't think so either. So it it wasn't that, then what was it? Sukuna stayed silent for a few moments, his eyes narrowing on me for a few seconds before finally answering, giving me the most cryptic of replies,

"The answer you're looking for is within your question."

(A.N ~ What does he mean?)

Chapter 54 Quote Teaser :

"I guess me going to the actual painter's market opening next week is out of the question, huh?"

Show me (Ryomen Sukuna x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें