33 | Asad wedding

The update is a little late this time cause instead of one it's a double update. I couldn't leave you guys hanging in between...
Please read the author's note at the end of the next chapter !!

Q U L S U M

I was looking up at the ceiling when my phone buzzed grabbing my attention. I retrieved my phone and stared down at notifications to find a message from Zayaan.

Zayaan - Can you be ready a little early tomorrow?

Qulsum - Huh? Ready for where?

Zayaan - Asad's wedding.

Qulsum pouted, she had project delivery at 2pm tomorrow and there was no way she can be back from the wedding before 2, so she had asked her parents and Shiza to go without her.

Qulsum - I can't attend tomorrow function but I'll be present for reception.

Zayaan - No.

Qulsum - Zayaan I have project realise tomorrow at 2pm.

Zayaan - So? Qulsum I'm not gonna listen to anything. You have to come. I'm his best friend, I'm like his brother.

Qulsum narrowed her eyes looking at the text.

Qulsum - I'm not asking you not to attend.

Zayaan - Sweetheart are you always this slow? Or you act like this only with me?

Zayaan - I'm like his brother so you will become his sister in law. And you cannot miss his Nikah( wedding)... He has already planned a lot of things.

My cheeks burned red. Is this going to be our normal now? Him calling me sweetheart.

Qulsum - What things?

Zayaan - He likes everything filmy and so his entry inside the hall is grand and dramatic, he will walk inside behind his favorite couple - that's us.

Zayaan - And

Zayaan - Before you ask. There will be no one in the Hall so they can't see you with me. I'll pick you up at 11.

Qulsum - Mmm okay.

I kept the phone down and waited for another minute and then picked it to look at Zayaan chat. There was three dot which meant he was typing.

Zayaan - Can I make a request?

Qulsum - What request?

Zayaan - Can you wear white for me 😬

My lips curled up into a smile when I saw his message. He wants to see me in white.

Qulsum - I'll think about it🤔

Zayaan - Thank you. And I know you are going to look eternal 😍.

I bite my lips whilst smiling like crazy. Every talk with Zayaan leads to butterflies in my stomach. Is this how life after marriage is?
"Allah," I mutter burying my face in my palms.

_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_

Third Person

Qulsum stood in front of mirror looking at herself. Just like Zayaan said, she wore a white dress and did light makeup which accentuated her features.

"Qulsum -" Shiza entered her room but stopped speaking when she gazed at Qulsum. "You - you are looking like a newly married." Shiza uttered, she could see a gleam on Qulsum face.