15 | Wedding Gift

ZAYAAN

"Her room is next to Shiza's" Qulsum's mom said walking inside with Neil Irani following her.

I took a step towards the stairs only to halt in my track. Qulsum mumbled something under her breath and snuggled closer into my chest. Placing one of her hand on my shoulder she buried her face in my neck.

My nostrils were welcomed by the only scent I was craving for quite some time - fresh jasmine scent. My mind retracted back to the first day when I met Shiza during rally. Her jasmine scent was something I feel in love with. This aroma was second to none.

I lower my eyes to gaze at Qulsum, our faces only inches apart. I pull her a bit closer to me, her body pressed against my chest. Her slow breathing caressed my skin making a sense of warmth seep through my veins.

What was it that always pulls me closer to Qulsum?

Leisurely I strolled upstairs with Qulsum in my arms. Laying her in the centre of bed I sat down next to her. My eyes rambled over her soft facial features. My mind was in haze as I shamelessly gawked at the sleeping beauty in front of me.

My fingers grazed over the red bangles that adorned her hands; bright red colour of her henna looked alluring. Unconsciously I found my fingers encircling her wrist and caressing it gently.

Slipping into my pocket I pulled out a small box

Slipping into my pocket I pulled out a small box. Holding the ring in my hand I gazed down at Qulsum. This ring suited Qulsum the best, it was simple and elegant.

While coming back I stopped by the shop to get Qulsum her wedding gift. I didn't want to give her the gift which I got for Shiza. Both the sisters were different and beautiful in their own ways. Worst of all was the fact that I was now standing in between them.

Just the thought of Shiza knowing the truth broke my heart, I clench my jaws but my anger dissipated the second I felt a hand being placed on my lap.

I peer at Qulsum, a cute pout was laced on her lips. Holding her hand in mine I slipped the ring in her ring finger.

Bringing her hand upwards I brush my lips against her knuckles lightly. A small smile creeped on her face. My eyes scrutinized her breath-taking features, I was spell bounded by my wife's gorgeousness.

My wife!

That felt right in every ways.

I place a kiss on her palm and my eyes gazed down at the smeared henna of her hand. I chuckle lightly replaying the day when she bumped into me. But suddenly my smile dropped, with narrowed eyes I pull her hand closer to my face.

At the end of her palm there was 'Z'. Girls usually write the initial of their husband or would be husband on their hands. Why had Qulsum engraved Z on her hand.

Did she like someone whose name started with Z. Many questions bombarded my mind. Inhaling deeply I decided to speak with Qulsum the next morning. I stood up to leave but my heart wasn't at ease.

Sighing I peer at her sleeping form once more. Settling next to her I trail my finger over her nose and cup her cheek. Bending towards her I let myself soak into her intriguing scent. Closing my eyes shut I press my lips on the tip of her nose. The moment my lips came in contact with her skin I felt like I would explode with this undiscovered overwhelming feeling.

My heart beat was erratic and what scared me was the sudden urge which arose in my heart to have Qulsum in my arms.

I can't feel like this. At least not so fast. I should find Shiza before anything.

Raking fingers through my hair I got up and walked out of the room without looking back.

♡♡

I gulped down the tenth mug of the strong coffee while my eyes were stuck on the laptop screen.

I tilt my head to look at the large deco clock which read 4.15 am. It's been more than 12hours now and I still had no clue where Shiza was.

My body was aching while my eyes were itching but still sleep was nowhere near me.

Where are you Shiza. I mumbled rubbing my temples and resting my head on the headrest of the couch.

After a few minutes I heard Azaan [The Islamic call to prayer] and next second something caught my eyes. I jerked sitting up straight.

A piece of Shiza's red veil was plunged outside the car door. I quickly note down the car number and forwarded it to Asad.

ME - Send me every detail about this car ASAP. They have Shiza.

Whoever touched Shiza was going to hell. One scratch on her and I swear I will destroy their whole being.

I quickly freshened up and drove my car straight to Irani Mansion.
First I need to inform Shiza's family about the clue and second I need to see Qulsum.

❤...