19 | Love of his life

Qulsum

The only thing I was dreading happened. When Shiza gained consciousness the first thing she mumbled was about Zayaan. She feared losing Zayaan more than her safety.

I was breathless the moment words rolled out of her lips. I hiccupped pressing my palm over my lips. Hot tears streamed down my cheeks.

How can I face Shiza?
I took the only thing she was afraid of losing. I took her Zayaan.

I hoist my eyelids and glance at Zayaan. He was already looking at me; his eyes bursting with guilt and anguish.

I felt as if the air was knocked out of my lungs. I knew this was going to happen. I knew Zayaan would regret his decision of marrying me. He loves Shiza for crying out loud.

“Qulsum” He whispered but I shook my head to-and-fro asking him not to say anything.

Pressing my lips straight I look up blinking my eyes whilst wiping the tears from the back of my hand. Inhaling deeply, I gulp the lump formed in my throat and look at Zayaan.

“We need to take Shiza to hospital.” I said standing up.

Zayaan lifted Shiza in his arms and carried her outside. I trailed behind them feeling my heart cramming with agony.

Nathan was taken away by police and Asad was waiting for us outside. When we walked out, he first looked at Zayaan and then at me; his expression was a blend of question and concern.

Zayaan carefully laid Shiza in the car and took front seat while Asad started the car.

I look down at Shiza whose head was laying on my lap and brush the baby hair away from her face. She looked exhausted with dried lips, pale skin and purple bags under her eyes.

♡♡

“Mama stop crying…” I rub my mom’s back who hasn’t stopped sobbing since the time Shiza woke up from her sleep screaming.

Apparently, Shiza had a nightmare of getting kidnapped due to which she started screaming and crying.
According to doctor all she needs is some days of proper rest and she will be alright. He did run numerous tests on Shiza and informed that she slipped under unconsciousness due to lack of energy.

The doctor is our relative, so he also suggested us not to inform Shiza about my marriage with Zayaan for few days at least not until she is discharged from the hospital.

“Qulsum?” a subdued voice rung in my ears. I twirl around to see Shiza giving me a weary grin. I stride towards her and held her hand in mine, “Are you feeling okay? Should I call doctor? Is your head hurting? Are you scared? Did you get the same dream again…” I blabbered while she batted her eyelids gazing at me with bafflement and then let out a dry chuckle.

“I’m okay mom” she pouted making me sigh in relief. Whenever I lecture Shiza or ask her a lot of questions; she addresses me as mom making both of us laugh.

“Wait.” She started and titled her head to look at our parents with furrowed brows. “Why are you still crying mom? I told you I am okay and safe.”

“Anyways I am hungry.” She mumbled trailing her lip over her dried lower lip.

“Yeah, I’ll get something for you.” I was about to leave when Shiza called me again.

“Can you call Zayaan please. I haven’t spoken to him.” She mumbled and turned her gaze towards dad who was conversing with her.

My mom suddenly looked pensive. She gave me an apologetic smile and mouthed I am sorry.

♡♡

I asked nurse to send Shiza her meals and started searching for Zayaan.

I was looking around when my trailed to other side of hospital floor. The walls of the hospital were made of glass. A bridge connected two sides of hospital.

Zayaan and Asad were conversing something on the other side of the floor. I crossed the bridge and was about to cross the edge of reception wall when Zayaan words made me halt in my track. They both couldn’t see me because I was on the other side of reception wall, but I could clearly hear what they were speaking.

“Are you sure Zayaan? You know Nathan could die if we do this.” Asad asked Zayaan.

“Do I look like I care? He fucking touched the love of my life thereby signing a death wish. He deserves it. Burn his warehouse. Because of that fucker my life is in this state.” Zayaan roared; his voice laced with vexation.

“Okay but I still think burning his warehouse is too much. Shiza isn’t harmed or anything, she is okay. We have sent him to jail and I am sure he isn’t coming out anytime soon.” Asad said.

“Either you do the phone call and ask them to burn it, or I will. I would have killed him myself, but I didn’t want to dirty my hands. He deserves to die for touching Shiza.” Zayaan snapped.

I shuddered listening to his tone, possessiveness and resentment was clear in his voice.

I clutch my dress firmly and gulp the huge lump which was formed in my throat. Closing my eyes shut I swigged the agony which unfurled in my heart.

I slowly make my way towards the other side of reception area. I acted as if I hadn’t listened to their conversation.

Seeing me Asad cleared his throat and called my name before Zayaan could speak.
“Shiza is awake; she wants to see you.” I smiled lightly looking at Zayaan.

Zayaan face gleamed with happiness and next second he rushed towards the bridge. I let out a pained chuckle looking at his disappearing form.

Unknowingly a lone tear escaped my lips which I didn’t bother to wipe.

“Here” Asad said handing me a hankie which I took without saying a word.

“I will be leaving now. Take care.” He mumbled giving me a nod and walking away.

I stood there like a statue peering at the clear blue sky from the open window.
'Why me' was the only question which I kept asking God.

Zayaan's words kept repeating in my mind.

He fucking touched the love of my life thereby signing a death wish.’

‘He deserves to die for touching Shiza’

And that’s when I decided I was going to give both of them their happiness.

Zayaan and Shiza were meant to be together. She was supposed to marry him not me. I will always be his second choice. I will always be his love's sister.
Better to break one heart than spoiling three lives.

❤...

A/N — I don't know whom to choose to be honest.
Both sisters are real and truly love Zayaan.

Comment and let me know which sister you would want to see Zayaan with...

Thanks for reading ❤