Why would you do that?

Mookie (20)
Thursday September 8th

I haven't spoken to my mom since the day I saw her at the hospital

I haven't spoken to my mom since the day I saw her at the hospital. I get to visit Meya tomorrow and wyllo is doing better. He got his first game coming up and I'm more excited than him. It was nice outside so I decided to do some work on my car for a little bit. It was time to change my headlights and I needed an oil change. I couldn't even enjoy the music and my time alone outside. My fucking mother showed up on some bullshit.

"Who tf do you think you are? Huh?" She lowly yelled turning down my music.

"I know I'm Mokani" I shrugged squinting at her.

"You're real funny. You really had me served with papers. You're taking me to court?" She scolded me slamming the papers on the hood of my car.

"Ain't that what the paper said?" I asked. If that's what it said why ask me?

"Why? Why can't you just let me be happy?" She huffed.

"You get to be happy and what does that do for Meya?" I asked. She got quiet cuz she had to think about it.

"She gets to be with her mother"

"The mother that let the father of her child abuse her and drink semen? That mother?" I responded lifting up one eyebrow🤨.

"I didn't let anyone abuse my child. You just hate to see me happy" she lied. Stay lying and for what?

"What I hate is to see you let down another one of your kids. You did that shit with us but I won't let that shit happen with Meya. She's too young to understand now and I'd be damned if I let her go through some fuck shit like we did. I can give her a good life."

"A good life away from her mother?" She questioned.

"What do you want from me?" I asked. It's pointless to keep trying to converse with her.

"I want you to drop the case. Let me take Meya without the courts involved"

"Can't do that" I declined shaking my head.

"You really wanna do this?"

"Didn't you already tell them I'm an abuser and aggressive? It's fucked up you would say some shit like that" I laughed off. Shit lowkey hurt my feelings.

"I didn't tell them anything false" she shrugged.

"You can leave now" I told her going back to doing what I was doing.