Court

Mookie (20)
Monday September 26th

It's been 2 weeks and every visit with Meya ends the same

It's been 2 weeks and every visit with Meya ends the same. She throws a fit because she doesn't want me to leave. Today is my first day in court to get custody of Meya. My lawyer been on-top of shit Ngl.

"Judge we are willing to make a compromise so that we don't have to continue with the case" my mother's  lawyer spoke.

"What is it?" The judge asked.

All my attention was on them. Give me custody bitch that better be the only compromise.

"My client is willing to share custody with Mr.clifthart. He gets her every other weekend" her lawyer said. Fuck that.

"We're not taking it" my lawyer declined.

"Ross?" The judge called out.

"We will be declining your offer" she said.

"Well the decision stands. Let me hear it" the judge nonchalantly demanded.

"Judge, Mr.clifthart isn't fit to take care of a 4 year old. He has no income and he spends all his time out of the house. Meya needs someone with a stable income, someone that will be able to be around and spend time with her. Ms.Ross client is not that" her lawyer spoke. Now these niggas lying.

"How do you get your income?" The judge asked.

"Savings. I get a check from my biological father that I've saved since I was 13" I shrugged.

"So you don't work?" He asked.

"Judge my client has an income. Child support is an income. What attorney Dwell didn't mention was that my client has multiple cars and a house in his name one of which cars belongs to his mother. She has been living in her son's home rent free while he took care of her other 2 kids as-well as Meya" my lawyer spoke up.

For the most part we just went back and forth so there wasn't a decision to be made. Nothing but lies came out my mother's mouth which is crazy to me.

"What I would suggest to you is that you get a legal job. Something that shows when that money runs out you still have some type of income and if you were the guardian for your siblings I'm going to contact their schools and get copies of all the documents that you signed."my lawyer said as we walked out of the courthouse.

"I ain't think of that" I said shaking my head.

"It's gonna show who really was looking after you siblings and as long as her name is not on any of those documents then you're gonna be a step ahead of her"

"Ok. Thank you" I responded.

"No problem. I'm gonna call you tomorrow to discuss further details. Drive safe" she said hugging me.

"You too"

I was kind of happy by the way court turned out today. I left out the court house and headed home. I had Taz pick Wyllo up from school since I was gonna be running late. When I pulled up to the house his car was parked outside which says to me his hungry ass in my house eating my food.