Know Thy Enemy 2x17

Start from the beginning

"Did I forget to mention that?"

"Are we gonna have to read through every one of these books till we find the right spell?" Jeremy complained.

"Not exactly." Bonnie says and she looks at the shelf, closes her eyes and raises her hands. All of the books fall and one of them opens right in front of her. She takes it. "It's this one."

"Great. Grab the rest. Let's go." Damon demanded and I rolled my eyes.

____________________________________

"Is this the spot Emily Bennett was killed, too?" Jeremy asks as we follow Damon through the woods.

"Founders thought it was poetic burning her where the other witches burned." Damon tells us.

"How do you know where the witches were burned?" I ask him curious.

"'Cause I tried to save her. Emily was just my key to getting Katherine back before I knew what a nasty little bitch Katherine was." Damon mocked and Jeremy laughed and we came in front of abandoned and run-down hose.

"You sure it's the right place?" Jeremy questioned seeing it and Damon nodded as we walked inside. We all walk into the house and Bonnie and I straightened feeling the power inside it. Jeremy stepped on a loose floorboard which creaked and almost broke under him making Damon glare at him.

"Whatever witchy prank you're playing, don't. It's not funny," Damon smiled at me and I looked over at him.

"We're not doing anything." Bonnie contradicted and I nodded in agreement.

"I can't move." Damon complained and suddenly his skin starts burning. "Oh, my ring's not working. Do something."Damon pleaded and Bonnie concentrates and closes her eyes. Damon can move again.

"I don't think the witches like you being here." I teased his smirking.

"I guess this is the right place." Jeremy affirmed.

"I'm gonna go wait outside." Damon says and leaves.

"Can you hand me the grimoire?" Bonnie requested Jeremy after Damon left.

"Are you sure about this?" Jeremy asks concerned.

"Are you worried about me?"

"Yeah, of course I am." She takes the grimoire, kisses him and I fake gag at them. They look at me and I just smile innocently. I see Bonnie rolling her eyes and she opens the grimoire and sees a letter. She reads it. Voices are whispering around us.

"What is that?" Jeremy asks worried.

"The spirits of the witches who died here. I can feel them." I explain him.

"All right. What are they saying?" Jeremy wondered.

"I can't tell." Bonnie tells him and walks out of the room and down into the basement. We follow her.

"Where are you going?" Jeremy asks following her. We stop in the basement.

"Here. This is it. Help us set the candles." I tell my brother and the whispers become louder.

"What the hell are they saying?" Jeremy asks. Bonnie concentrates and closes her eyes. She reopens them.

"What is it?"

"Nothing." She tells him and I look at Bonnie worried because I can understand what it means. She looks at me and I shot her a questionable look as if asking if she's sure she wants to do this and she subtly nods. I sigh knowing I can't fight her on this one and after all this is her decision.

All the candles light up at the same time. "They're ready." Bonnie informs us. Bonnie's eyes are closed. The voices around us keep getting louder. She begins to cry.

"Bonnie? You're scaring me here." Jeremy yells worried. She screams.

"Bonnie!" I yell and Jeremy tries to get closer to her but he's thrown against the wall by an invisible force. Bonnie's screaming louder. I go over to check on Jeremy. Suddenly all the voices stop. Jeremy gets up and we rush over to Bonnie. She's crying.

"You okay?" I ask her worried for one of my best friends.

"I did it." She says and she swoons on her feet. Jeremy embraces her. "It's okay." Jeremy comforts her.

____________________________________

"All right, well, there has to be something in the grimoire to help us translate that chant." Jeremy says as we walk outside away from the house.

"It was just a warning." Bonnie assures him.

"Heh. What kind of warning?"

"It's not important." I tell him hoping he will drop the subject knowing Bonnie doesn't want to talk about this.

"Uh, look, it is important to me, okay?"

"It's a lot of power to have access to. They're just telling me to be careful with it." Bonnie lies.

"Well, exactly how much power can you draw from a hundred dead witches?" Jeremy asks and Bonnie closes her eyes and concentrates. Leaves start flying around them. The sky turns black and there is thunder and lightning.

"Bonnie." I call to her concerned. Jeremy touches her arm and she opens her eyes. The weather returns to normal."The answer to your question is: a lot." Bonnie says and my phone starts ringing.

"Caroline?" I asked and after she tells me what's going on my eyes widened, "I'm on my way," I agreed after a moment.

"What's happened?" Jeremy asked.

"We've got to get back, Caroline found Matt," I explained to them we hurry. I knock on Caroline's door having dropping Jeremy and Bonnie home on my way.

"Hey, what happened?" I ask her as she opens the door and see that she isn't well.

"He asked me to compel him." She says and starts crying and I embrace her.

"It's gonna be okay." I pull away and make her look at me. "Come on, we can eat some ice cream and watch a movie."

"Notebook" She smiles slightly at me.

"Notebook." I smile softly at her and we spend the night watching notebook and couple other movies.