Chapter 47 - Forevermore

Start from the beginning

The right decision was shrouded in fog.

That's why when Jeongguk opened his mouth, an extremely pessimistic view was conveyed. "Taehyung you don't know this will work."

Now, that wasn't to say that Jeongguk didn't have feelings for the boy in front of him. In fact, quite the opposite.

No, Jeongguk just knew that marriage is difficult. If it didn't work then they would both just end up hurt.

"That doesn't matter. I want to try." Taehyung said in an assured manner This was something he wanted and he would sooner be damned than let this opportunity pass.

"I want you to see my art first. I want to take Mushu on walks together. I want to watch you put on your running shoes, go out running and be the person you run back to." Taehyung whispered, tears beginning to build up in his eyes.

"And I want that because- " Taehyung started, but got cut off by the emotion thick in his voice. Taking a deep breath, the brunet began again- still petrified of what he was about to say.

"Because I love you-" Taehyung finally whispered brokenly. Then the brunet shut his eyes tightly, too afraid to see the reaction of his husband.

For a moment, all remained silent and Taehyung grimaced slightly, ashamed and embarrassed.

He should never have said anything.

This was a mistake.

How could he have been so stupid? Of course Jeongguk doesn't feel the same way.

Why would he even-

"I love you too Jeon Taehyung." Jeongguk stated softly, moving his hands up to cup his husband's cheek. Taehyung's eyes fluttered open only to find Jeongguk's face mere inches from his. A smirk was covering his face and a teasing glint twinkling in his eyes.

"You waited on purpose, didn't you?" Taehyung said as he rolled his eyes, trying to hold back a grin.

Jeongguk just chuckled slightly before replying, "I wanted to see you sweat a bit."

"Of course you did." Taehyung stated, shaking his head in slight disbelief but also in jest.

"But Taehyung I will say something else. If we are going to carry on then I think we need to start over. " Jeongguk explained as he looked down at his wedding ring and ran his thumb over it's curved gold exterior.

Then, the ex-marine pulled off the band and gestured for Taehyung to do the same. The pair swapped rings and then stared into their partner's eyes deeply.

"Both you and I know we don't have the money for a wedding right now so for the time being I make this promise to you Taehyung. I vow to take care of you in sickness and in health, for better or for worse, for richer, or poorer until death do is part. I will love and protect you just how you have done for me. Most importantly I promise to stay by your side as long as I have breath in my lungs." Jeongguk declared as he took Taehyung's ring and slipped it back onto his finger.

Taehyung could barely hold himself together as he gulped deeply. "I vow to take care of you in sickness and in health, for better or for worse, for richer, or poorer until death do is part. I love you more than words can express. Everytime I'm near you it feels like my heart will explode. I tried to deny that for a long time but I don't have the energy to pretend anymore. I will stay with for as long as my life will permit." Taehyung finished as he slid on Jeongguk's ring back onto his finger.

The ravenet bit his lip to stop his tears from falling before he whispered, "You really know how to hit me in the feels Tae."

"Well I had to top what you said. You know how competitive I am Commando." Taehyung returned as he pecked his husband's lips and then brought his body against his arms. They both relaxed into the embrace, finally feeling the comfort that they both deserved.

It had been a long journey to get to this point. They had lost a good friend and had to get through injury. But they did it together.

Taehyung didn't know that he needed Jeongguk.

He didn't know he needed to be loved.

One could argue that all of the love the two had shared was totally false. That it was all a lie.

Neither of the husbands thought that though.

Yes, the marriage wasn't a real one. So in the eyes of a judge, everything was fake.

That's why Taehyung settled for another way of proclaiming his love for Jeongguk.

He called it,

Unlawfully His.