Chapter 16: Holiday (Last Part)

Start from the beginning

"Beta, why are you awake so early, you should be sleeping right now?" dad asked me.

"I was just not feeling sleepy anymore so thought to make breakfast for everyone."

"But for that we are there na beta, you go and do your work." this time ma said.

"No ma, I insist let me do this and anyways I am free and I want to so please let me." I made little puppy eyes to convince her and she had to give in.

I entered the kitchen and scanned the whole of it to see what I can make with the available items and specifically Krsh's favorite. Yes I wanted to make him feel special by cooking for him his favorites the whole day. So I decided to make aloo paratha (flatbread) with chutney and dahi (curd) for breakfast as he loves it. I also made tea and coffee as preferred by others. I was just hoping that because of him being a fitness freak, he doesn't deny.

By the time everybody got gathered for breakfast, everything was ready and what was left was to serve. Dadi has decided that everybody will serve themselves so that no one is left and we all eat together. I saw Krsh taking one in his plate and I was sitting exactly opposite to him and I waited for him. He took a morsel in his mouth, I was seeing his very move, but his expression gave none about how it was. So with the gloomy mood I got back to mine and was eating.

"Mom, this is amazing and so tasty. You just made my day."

"I know it is Shanaya, but I didn't make your day, Meera did."

"What does it mean?"

"Raghav, I didn't do all this but Meera did. She woke up early just to make all this and decided today everything will be cooked by her and I must say that this is the most delicious aloo paratha I ever had."

I looked down when I felt a certain pair of eyes on me. With a lot of courage I looked up and found him already looking at me. He was having this smile which I couldn't decipher what it meant. As everybody was done eating and telling me how much they loved it, they went. But mom said to look after Krsh if he will need something, so here I was standing beside him to see if he needed something else to be served.

"Why did you wake up so early when we went to sleep so late?" I was hoping he would say something about how the food was but instead he asked something and that sounded so wrong that I blushed very hard. He came into realization after looking at my face so he cleared his throat but didn't speak further.

"I-um, I was not feeling sleepy much and I wanted to do something for you."

He was done by now and went to keep his plate. I was running after him with a napkin in my hand and turned to me after washing his hands. We were at the back of the kitchen and alone might I add.

His eyes lingering on me, "Why Meera? Why did you want to do something for me?"

"I just...you have done so much for me and I just wanted to make you feel special like you always did and make me feel in every moment when we are together. I wanted to do the same for you. I know it's not much but I will try to be more efficient from now onwards."

"Meera... god!!!! How much more will you make me fall for you even though I am falling every second but this is not done yrrr. I also want to make you fall for me."

"Krsh, what are you saying, you are the best and I want to be the best for you. And you don't know how much I have fallen for you." The last line was slightly inaudible to him since I didn't want him to just know that I love him like this. Suddenly I started feeling nervous because it suddenly hit me and seeing me, he continued.

"By the way, the breakfast was delicious but there was one thing missing." I was confused and started to think that I made sure nothing was missing. I looked towards him to see that he was at my eye level and then his mouth made contact with my ear lobe, "It would have been more tasty if you had fed me with your hands." and kissed lightly there and went away.