Chapter 9: Glorious Federation

{{\\ Initiating Protocol //}}

{{\\ User Detected //}}

{{\\ Accessing Archives //}}

{{\\ Loading...(1%) //}

{{\\ Loading...(99%) //}}

{{\\ Archives Access Complete //}

{ Discord: https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx }

{{\\=+=+= Initiating Hologram =+=+=//}}

{{\\DATE: 100th Summer, 2028//}}

Within the Heavy Transport model 5, my squad was within our vehicles. We all were checking out equipment and vehicles to ensure that they are ready for combat as much as we are. Over the Pelican's holographic display is our SITREP.

"This is General Romeo 7. High command demands that we clean up the mistakes of the retreating Planetary Guard forces. The Rapid Deployment force sent in a Regiment from the 1st Division, but they also have been encircled due to overwhelming Covenant numbers. Although the 501st, 502nd, 503rd and the 505th are currently dealing with an ambush against their convoys and are getting pulled out of their situations, you, the 504th Division, are ready for this mission."

My squad noticed that the other divisions are actually stuck in an ambush and are being forced to deal with them, reducing the 750 thousand force we planned to em-mass down to our 150k division. More fun for us. We are ready as we sharpened our bayonet compatible swords and shovels. If we run out of ammunition, we shall take this city back by shovel point.

"Because of the situation, we can no longer afford to enact a blockage and begin bombardment. To supplement this issue, an Air wing of A-10 Pumas will be assisting you as well as the cruiser UKRS Ready or not. Remember, your lives are meant to be a bridge to get those men out of the encirclement. Your other missions is to ensure that the blueprints for the experimental Armored Cavalry Fighting Vehicle Model number 24 and the Fighter Model number 22 does not, get into the hands of the Covenant forces lest we suffer a major blow before we can even produce them, let alone produce them enough to replace the ACFV-22 and F-21s."

It then showed to our unworthy eyes the holy design of Atlas and of the Federation we serve. We noticed that our General managed to get us 300 close air support aircraft as well as an entire Cruiser. That means we shall have two battalions of Orbital Drop Storm Marines aiding us in these operations. We pray that they can hold long enough for us to secure victory, and know that they can.

"However, if you feel confident enough, or the Regiment of the First division ordered you to retake the city, you are to gladly lay down your lives so that the city will be used as a springboard for future offensives to roll over the Covenant lines or even strike behind them. Good luck soldiers, and remember, your duty to the Federation does not end, even in death."

However, when we heard that we can secure the city, that is the best honor for us. To lay down our lives to secure a city, and ensure the barely even Human savages can be put to the mincer as we reclaim a portion of our holy Federation. We all pray to the almighty Lucer that he may bestow upon us his courage, his wisdom, his strengths. And that as he charged into a trench filled with rifles, so to, shall we charge into a city filled with rifles, and ensure that we reclaim what we have lost, one life at a time.

We were greatly disappointed when we heard that we are to send in a wave of these, sentient garbage to take the shots meant for us, and to blow themselves up to ensure our survival. However, if the command from Atlas wishes for us to live this fight, then we shall do as they ask. However, those tim cans are almost done with their job of weakening Covenant forces and created multiple holes within the Covenant lines as the cruiser was shelling their positions as well as raining down holy fire upon them.