Chapter 5: Fiery Spirit

{{\\ Initiating Protocol //}}

{{\\ User Detected //}}

{{\\ Accessing Archives //}}

{{\\ Loading...(1%) //}

{{\\ Loading...(99%) //}}

{{\\ Archives Access Complete //}

{{\\ Operator Archive: Jerry Roger // }}

{ Discord: https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx }

{{\\=+=+= Initiating Hologram =+=+=//}}

{{\\DATE: 92nd Summer, 2003, 99th Autumn, 2011 //}}

It has been a few weeks since I graduated from the RDFM Boot Camp. I had the chance to speak with my family and get to see them one more time before I was shipped off to the war effort at Harvest. From what I heard, the situation was dire, Rapid Deployment Forces are rapidly deployed to hold the line as the PGs are tasked with drawing forces out to the Navy.

But, I was excited. Finally, combat!

We all were wearing our combat uniforms, as we marched down towards the giant space piers, as we can see the warships of Titanic proportions. I was in awe at the sheer size of the warships, like, my god. That thing must be able to carry an entire field army, let alone divisions! However, I wonder why the UKR using old warships for transport? I mean sure, it has the firepower and space to carry a lot, but, yeah.

Me and my comrades looked over and saw the name, oh good Lucer, I remember hearing about that ship, the first transport ship that colonized multiple of the core worlds, the Spirit of Fire.

Behind us are Armored Cavalry Fighting Vehicles model 22, or ACFV-22, and some ATFV-21s. I saw some ATFV-20s, but they are not as widely used as the ATFV-24s. Maybe because the 21s are better armored and have a remote controlled gun? Maybe? It is a bit slower however.

But, it didn't matter as we marched up to the elevators and ramps. I looked back and waved at my family. I saw my sisters asking for me to come back home, but I have a duty. I turned to head towards the warship.

I was excited for the war and to be able to serve my Federation and homeland.

Oh how Naive I was.

9 years, 9, long years. That's how long it took to reclaim Harvest back.

I was with my squad as we were in our vehicles inside of the bird, ready to be deployed as everyone else in my squad was laughing happily.

Soon, we landed, we already rolled out and were heading straight for the frontlines.

Behind us, artillery fire raining down shells upon enemy positions.

We all were seen chatting as our vehicles made a Cavalry charge over to the enemy positions.

Within the back of the IFV, I heard the RWS operator singing and we all soon joined in, singing the Battle Hymn of the Federation.

At first our reinforcements to the planet turned the tide of war.

It has been a few minutes as we arrive and disembark, heading over to the frontlines and begin covering fire for our local PG allies.

We are holding the line and I can remember that we even begin to strike back at those monstrosities. I remembered how my own allies saw blood and the twisted figures we just killed.

However, we had no time to dwell on it, we just told ourselves that they are not human, which is actually easy since they don't look human enough.

Then wave after wave.