Chapter 4: Becoming Marine

{{\\ Initiating Protocol //}}

{{\\ User Detected //}}

{{\\ Accessing Archives //}}

{{\\ Loading...(1%) //}

{{\\ Loading...(99%) //}}

{{\\ Archives Access Complete //}

{{\\ Operator Archive: Jerry Roger // }}

{ Discord: https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx }

{{\\=+=+= Initiating Hologram =+=+=//}}

{{\\DATE: 22nd Winter, 2002 ----- 77th Summer, 2003 //}}

I was at the parade, watching with my parents and sisters. I love my family, and lived a comfortable life, making me have the feeling like I was living in our Emperor's childhood life. I was at my seat, watching the Rapid Deployment Force marching as their former names and uniforms, the Atleadian Storm Marines, and wanted to be one of them, but as of right now, I'm too weak, and still in school. And I know for sure if I join as a person from Vale, I'm getting hazed. But that doesn't matter, cause I love how cool and brave the Marines are!

However, I saw the crown Prince, standing up from his, I wouldn't call that a throne, his chair? Yeah chair, and raised his hand, stopping the marching soldiers as they made a cool turn, using their feet and clicking their heels, holding their rifles at an angle. I waited to hear as to what he said, and what he said was shocking.

"My fellow brothers and sisters of Remnant, I regret to tell you that very many Remnantian lives have been lost." He gave a pause as everyone listened in carefully. "I ask that the council declares that since this unprovoked and cowardly attack by the Covenant of evil, on Duoday, 22nd Winter, 2002, a date, that has tainted our holy Unity Day. That a state of war has been created between the federation, our, United Kingdoms of Remnant, and this Covenant of the Evil Empire. No matter how long it may take us, no matter how hard this road may be, that we shall overcome this invasion. The Remnant people and their righteous might, will win, in absolute, and total, victory! Ura!"

As he said that, not only did the soldiers respond, but even the most patriotic of the crowd cheered, myself included, as there was a thunderous "Ura!" I felt so alive just saying that. Of course my mother was a bit worried, but my dad was proud of me.

As for me, I couldn't wait for the day that I became a Marine.

Didn't expect to start the whole basic training thing with shark attacks of all things.

If that sounded like a joke, well it wasn't. I was thrown into some sort of battle zone type simulation against veterans of the Insurgency Conflicts. It gets worse, a majority of them are brand new and never hold a rifle as they are constantly being barked at by conflicting orders and even jeers by the enemy in some sort of crazed fight.

However, despite us being an entire battalion of 1.5k total units, and our sergeants are only at 75, they are significantly more coordinated and better in combat. I remembered playing a few video games and found my buddies back in high school.

We bounded for a moment before I took the lead. All of us plus some strangers took to completing our fire and maneuver tactic we saw in video games.

I gave orders to try to open fire as we maneuver. However, we noticed that many of our comrades are on the ground, stunned, or too tired, even running.

I went to open fire and finally, hit one of the instructors. We took down 3, but we were outflanked and out-witted as we all got shot in the end.

I heard them absolutely screaming at how stupid and pathetic we were. But I knew deep down, my squad is the most impressive out of the bunch. Although, after the fighting was over, we were sucked into doing paperwork and finishing the first day preparations. I remembered how we were separated by genders, and, oh man, I never expected such hotties to want to join the RDF. Oh well.