Chapter 7: Naval Tides

{{\\ Initiating Protocol //}}

{{\\ User Detected //}}

{{\\ Accessing Archives //}}

{{\\ Loading...(1%) //}

{{\\ Loading...(99%) //}}

{{\\ Archives Access Complete //}

{ Discord: https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx }

{{\\=+=+= Initiating Hologram =+=+=//}}

{{\\DATE:  100th Summer, 2018//}}

It has been years since the battle of Harvest.

Despite winning the battle, the Covenant didn't respect the UKR victory, and begin to attack the federation from all sides, forcing them to reposition all units to the defense of those positions. They had been spread out, but we stood firm despite the odds.

Despite many times the UKR ordered a retreat, the planetary guards, the Aerial Guards, the Rapid Deployment Force, and the Federal Navy always refused the orders, and fought until there was not even a single percent chance of victory.

They fought with tooth and nail, not a single inch was easily conceded without a fight,

For over a decade, Harvest was assaulted after the first battle, but Harvest was heavily fortified since the first battle, making it costly for the Covenant to commit to offensives.

To make matters better for the Federation, OMI ordered all NOVA bombs to be used, a weapon only tested on a simulation, a weapon designed to only destroy multiple cities, was grossly underestimated.

The fireworks that followed were candy to the UKR, something that they could see and jeer at as the enemy burned under the superweapon that the OMI ordered to be deployed.

The war was still not going well for the forces of Humanity, but at least now we know that we can strike back against their own home worlds.

OMI began a massive campaign of installing spies, hidden sensors, and having eyes and ears inside of the enemy forces.

But to what extent, who knows.

All that we do know is that these guys seemed to really hate our guts.

The Spirit of Fire reported something about our birth right, but since they are lost with all hands on deck, we can not contact them for any more information about what they had discovered, nor where they had discovered it.

Such a shame, the UKR would like to know more about this supposed "Birth right" that our enemies had.

We thanked all the brave men and women of the UKR, who willingly gave up their lives to slow down the Covenant advance for as long as possible, but high command can not stomach the casualties that are mounting.

There was only so much that the Brass could handle before some of them started sweating.

On top of that, HICOM realized that they can ill afford to lose so many soldiers, and so they looked into the past and discovered the Atlas Knights.

Despite how flimsy and of low quality they are, they still have basic military knowledge, and were cheap enough to mass produce, and seeing as this war will become a war of attrition, the UKR reopened the old Knights and Paladin programs in order to boost their numbers.

Besides, soldiers that can just be churned out like sausages were an immediate boon to the Brass and they liked that.

As the war slowly turned into a war of attrition, HICOM was planning to create a last stand at multiple systems and hold the line there until the UKR or the Covenant breaks. They began projects upon that line for about 7 years ever since the Covenant began their offensives to take Harvest, fortifying multiple planets into fortress worlds, covered in nothing but soldiers and firearms. All civilians were evacuated to behind the lines as the UKR knows that this will be the line that holds. However, the UKR believed that it will take another 3 years before it is ready to take on the entire Covenant onslaught.